We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to help us design and deliver thoughtful user experiences that truly empower our customers on social. You’ll be working on some of our most challenging and high-impact UX problems, helping to develop and execute a shared product vision and strategy. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Product Design and can be based remotely across Canada in accordance with Hootsuite's local employment entities or Seattle/New York City.
What You’ll Do
- Develop, maintain, and extend a deep understanding of your portfolio's product, business objectives, customers, and competition - by conducting or participating in relevant user research, competitive analysis, and other design thinking activities.
- Build a close, collaborative, and influential relationship with your agile squad: your product manager, product design lead, and software developers, to define and achieve product objectives, creative approaches and deliverables.
- Independently develop and deliver high level and detailed storyboards, concept diagrams, user interface sketches, mockups, prototypes, and detailed design specifications to effectively communicate design concepts and solutions.
- Provide oversight to junior designers and support your development team as they deliver products that implement your designs.
- Actively mentor junior team members and better your peers through shared thought leadership and driving effective processes.
What You’ll Need
- Extensive experience as an influential UX team member, deconstructing complex design challenges and transforming them into simple, intuitive solutions.
- A strong portfolio comprised of projects which demonstrate strategic, creative, and user centered design solutions to complex problems
- Ability to independently conduct a wide range of appropriate UX design activities for complex problems such as: user research, workshop facilitation, strategy and vision development, concept design, detailed design, rapid prototyping, and usability testing. Ability to contribute to planning and prioritization activities.
- Ability to identify opportunities, scope problems, find solutions, implement and launch. Consistently relied upon to tackle complex problems that heavily impact their portfolio.
- Expert-level capability using industry-standard UX and UI design platforms.
- Experience designing for Enterprise and B2B SaaS products using agile and iterative design processes.
- Experience working with researchers, product managers, developers, and other designers who require alignment to plan, prioritize, and execute on complex problems.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of the business, vision, and strategy, as well as complex technical requirements, and incorporate them into elegant design solutions.
- Experience advocating for scalable, research-backed design frameworks, architecture, and solutions. Ability to influence user-centered design principles, concepts, and practices at the team level with input to other portfolios. Advocates for change when strategy or solution isn't of high value.
- Ability to provide technical oversight and mentorship to designers to improve outcomes for the team.
- Experience optimizing existing processes. Ability to identify opportunities for process and operational improvements and advocate for change.
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- Priority Setting: focuses time/energy on the most important issues/opportunities. Clearly understand how to assess importance of tasks and decisions
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Negotiation: successfully obtains commitment to a solution or idea, while maintaining integrity and relationships
Who You Are
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.