Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining , energy , and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff , with experience in over 150 countries , to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
We're at the forefront of our clients' digital transformation journey , successfully implementing emerging digital services into our clients' projects and operations that unlock a step change in their performance. Join the team to improve project outcomes, leverage the digital twin , deliver systems integration and interoperability, and support decision-making, autonomous execution , and integrated operations and performance centers.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior UX/UI Designer to join the Digital group in Mississauga.
Digital solutions have become a key component of the strategic direction and vision of today’s modern organizations. Join our diverse team and award-winning culture and be part of our clients’ digital transformation journey by working to define the best methods and making sure they are supported by the right technology and an enabled workforce. This journey will lead to improve project outcomes, being able to leverage the digital twin, systems integration and interoperability, support for decision-making, autonomous execution, and integrated operations and performance centers.
As a UX/UI Designer, you will be an integral part of the Hatch Digital team of passionate people who are transforming the design and vision of various products into seamless and engaging user experiences. You will support the strategic design of customer experience solutions throughout the entire design lifecycle. You will collaborate with clients, subject matter experts, scrum teams and other stakeholders to help turn business requirements, user needs and creative strategy into user-centered, effective, intuitive, & visually appealing products.
As The Successful Candidate, You Will
- Assess complex data from multiple sources, such as Data Science optimization inputs & outputs, business requirements, technical constraints, and analytics and translating it into efficient user scenarios, taxonomies, navigation systems, design patterns, and visually appealing & clear data visualizations.
- Participate in and lead UX activities such as user/design research, interviews, and workshops. Clearly and quickly deliver ideas to cross-functional teams.
- Create and effectively present UX artifacts (flows, sketches, wireframes, journey maps, low and mid-fidelity renderings, clickable prototypes, storyboards, etc.) to stakeholders, clients, and teams.
- Test and validate deliverables with users through usability testing and participating in design reviews.
- Work closely with the development team to build & productionize SaaS applications for market while maintaining UX best practices.
- Work in an Agile team and complete committed backlog items within the agreed upon timeframe.
- Stay current on emerging trends in user-centered methodologies, accessibility, UI design patterns, usability principles, and web technologies.
You Bring To The Role
- Strong conceptual/creative thinking and design execution abilities in both visual and interactive design.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, with a passion towards the digital space.
- The ability to draw insights from complex data, in areas such as data science algorithms and analytics, and turn those insights into tangible and visually appealing design solutions that provide user value.
- Good proficiency in the use of industry software such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Adobe CC, Adobe XD, Flinto, Visio, PowerPoint or other visual design and wireframing tools.
- The ability to receive high level direction and produce detailed UX artifacts to communicate design intent and action upon client and user feedback.
- A thorough, detail-oriented, and highly organized approach, plus ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to lead exploratory design sessions, visualization workshops and other collaborative working sessions with team members, clients, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, in multidisciplinary backgrounds such as psychology, computer science, information sciences, human/computer interface design, or graphic design.
- At least 3-5 years' experience in the role of UX/UI Designer, Information Architect, or Product Designer.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating user-centered design skills, visualizations of complex experiences, clickable prototypes, UX/UI process, creative thinking, problem solving, process, and quality.
- Familiarity with industrial planning/scheduling analytics or product/process optimization is a nice to have.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum Software Development methodology and working within an agile team preferred.
- Enthusiastic about modern design practices and methodologies and working in an agile environment.
- Understands what user experiences work best for both web & mobile applications.
- Solid understanding of accessibility best practices, and an ability to create accessible products.
- Willing to work outside of normal business hours as part of a global team and to travel as required.
- Brings a positive attitude, team-oriented approach, and openness to learning and feedback.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.