At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
US, Brazil, or Canada (Remote); ,
Meet the Team
As a Lead Product Designer working on Platform, you’ll collaborate across three design teams focused on our cloud platform, learning platform, and design systems. You’ll also lead and influence a large, growing design organization with operations and research support.
What We Do
The Platform Design organization is responsible for our cross-product experiences. We focus on designing patterns, systems, and tools that allow the product teams to deliver consistent and integrated experiences. We are currently focused on our Hashicorp Cloud Platform, Learn, Docs, and our Design System.
What You’ll Do
You'll collaborate with a distributed, global team to create seamless experiences for a complex cloud-based product with interesting challenges. Your role looks across all platform team initiatives to help drive alignment by creating roadmaps and design visions.
In tandem with designers and company leaders, you’ll contribute to the platform roadmap. You’ll share feedback amongst a team of excellent designers across many levels and backgrounds, collaborating on user flows, mockups, and prototypes. You’ll also have an opportunity to participate in our robust mentorship program.
Your Roadmap to Success
Your First 30-Days
Learn the ins and outs of HashiCorp Design, become familiar with our platform initiatives, and start partnering with your engineering and product teams.
This May Include
- New hire onboarding.
- Become familiar with HashiCorp’s design tools and processes.
- Review existing designs, including familiarizing yourself with our design system.
- Take Cloud tutorials, deploy sample applications, and understand our status quo, including known design challenges.
- Review existing research and understand our personas.
- Review roadmaps and plans with other technical leaders.
- Deliver and review design work with peers and stakeholders.
- Lead design thinking workshops to craft roadmaps and vision work.
- Mentor other designers on the design process and craft skills.
- Build prototypes and partner with engineers on implementation.
- Contribute to roadmaps, priorities, and planning.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.