Location: US or Canada (Remote); UK/EMEA (Remote)
Meet the Team
As a member of the Waypoint team, you’ll be working with engineers, product managers, and design leadership on creating modern workflows to build, deploy, and release applications across platforms.
What We Do
Waypoint is a new open-source project from HashiCorp that provides a modern and simple workflow to build, deploy, and release apps. The team is small, works primarily in public, and has an ambitious roadmap to simplify the daily workflows of software developers. We're designing tools and infrastructure to help our users start, run, and scale an online business from anywhere in the world. That's where you come in: we're looking for a Lead Product Designer for the Waypoint team.
What You’ll Do
As a Lead Product Designer working on Waypoint, you are a passionate designer who thrives in uncertainty and ambiguity, is proactive in solving problems and collaborating with cross-functional partners, and holds a high bar for quality in design.
You'll collaborate tightly with a distributed team of peers to help shape the next version of HashiCorp’s operator and developer experiences. You'll combine research and creativity to provide our technical users with practical and elegant solutions to complex challenges. You will have a focus on execution, customer value, and impact. Together, you will partner on setting priorities, designing workflows, developing features, and shipping world-class products.
Your Roadmap to Success
Your First 30-Day
Learn the ins and outs of HashiCorp Design, become familiar with Waypoint, and start partnering with your engineering and product teams.
This May Include
- New hire onboarding
- Become familiar with HashiCorp’s design tools and processes
- Reviewing existing designs and patterns
- Becoming familiar with our design system
- Installing and running Waypoint, deploying sample applications
- Discuss feature roadmap and priorities with team
- Begin working crafting experiences for features on the roadmap
- Conducting research studies to learn more about Waypoint users
- Become fully embedded into the Waypoint R&D team and start contributing to the shape of the product and its roadmap
- Review existing research and understand the personas
First 180 Days
- Facilitate workshops to help define and refine solutions to open problem spaces
- Work with stakeholders to help set product roadmap priorities
- Establish design programs and processes for the Waypoint team to support a user-centered approach
- Schedule and facilitate design reviews to collect feedback from and inform stakeholders and leadership
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.