At HDR, we believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. Since our start more than a century ago, we’ve grown to become one of the world’s largest architecture, engineering, and design firms and we want you to help us continue the tradition of providing unrivaled experiences to the communities we serve. Imagine working on some of the most exciting projects in the world, ones that directly impact the communities in which you live and work. As part of HDR’s Strategic Communications practice, you’ll get to see your work shape the future of where you work, live, and play. While HDR may be large, our in-house creative agency has the feel of a close-knit design studio. If you’re looking for an opportunity to have an impact, you’re in the right place.
Watch our 'About Us' video
HDR is seeking a passionate and creative Graphic Designer to work with our Strategic Communications team. This position will work to deliver solutions across web, mobile, and print design platforms in order to engage and empower our clients and the communities they serve. Working with multiple clients across numerous industries, opportunities include crafting and delivering advertising campaigns, designing websites and print materials, and creating robust brand packages that inspire and engage.
This position is a fully remote position with very occasional meetings at a local HDR office (Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, etc., according to the candidates location. This role aims to support client work all across Canada, while ideally working Pacific Time Zone hours.
We're Looking For Someone Who....
- Is highly creative and understands the importance and value of a strong brand story.
- Is comfortable working in multi-disciplinary teams and collaborating effectively with colleagues in every step of a project, from concept creation to final delivery.
- Has a ‘strategy first, design second’ approach to their work.
- Understands that engaging outreach requires a digital-first perspective.
- Is equally comfortable working autonomously or under creative direction.
- Has a knack for articulating complex ideas through simple, beautiful, clear, and engaging visuals.
- Has an internal love of innovation and is willing to learn and try new things in order to find the best solution to any design challenge.
- Possesses an obsessive attention to detail.
- Excels at time management.
- Thrives on juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced and self-driven environment
- A strong portfolio website, bonus points for branding and digital media experience
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Art Design, Communications Design, or a combination of equivalent 5+ years of industry experience and education.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Canada-Ontario-Richmond Hill, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Marketing and Admin
Feb 11, 2022
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity in all of our offices. USA: We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law. CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
Health and safety is also our priority. For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy. If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver's license and compliance with our vehicle policy.