Its an exciting time to be part of the Give & Go team as we are growing rapidly and want you to become a part our growth and extraordinarily bright future!
Responsible for the design and development of Cookie Kits. The role will analyze market segments and look at consumer trends and unmet needs to identify new opportunities, then use creativity to bring them to market. As a Product Designer, you will ensure all designs and structures can be commercialized. This role will also support the Marketing team in the development of communication programs.
- Executes creation of new products – working in conjunction with Product Development, Operations, Marketing, and other cross-functional teams
- Working with Technical Services to solve and operational inconsistencies and product challenges at the plant
- Working with various internal and external partners, supporting packaging recommendation, and other consumer activities.
- Focusing on initial concept development, testing and optimizing the design to ensure highly efficient production
- Working with cookie dye suppliers on the development and creation of stamp and rotary dyes
- Improve existing product designs and analyze working concepts launches by competitors of similar products to match quality and meet consumer trends
- Maintain up to date on current industry trends and market conditions
- Perform research on product technologies and structure to implement into design concepts
- Focusing on the design function, this role will prepare and present product reviews and plans for specific Cookie Kit categories.
- Design new structures with CAD software.
- Provide food styling support at the studio for products launch and packaging programs, while also aid in the design and decorations of the products
- Assist in the creation of marketing materials for internal and external references e.g. sell sheers, product photography, launch presentations, product manuals, and new packaging
- Work with the Marketing team to support the design and development of social media postings on CAT and customer platforms when required
- Working with teams within the plants to run samples of cookies, trailing new dies and testing and recommending packaging for each kit
- Ensuring all kits developed meet the requirements of the packaging equipment and line assembly
- Prepare prototypes to test the functionality of the kits, gathering feedback from colleagues to further improve the product design
- Develop and maintain detailed design documentation including product pre- specifications
- Prepare work to be accomplished by gathering relevant information and materials
- Support product reviews with teams based on timing of new launches.
- Track and record new dies. Take photos of cookies from new die test for pre-specs and die catalog. Ensure they fit the EZ build tray, wraps on pad, fits in retail box with components. Add measurements to photos and log into the Die Catalogue.
Recipe for Success:
- Completion of college diploma in Nutrition, Culinary Arts, Pastry Apprenticeship, Food Science, or a related field
- Minimum 2 Years in a Food Development and Innovation role within the bakery industry
- Experienced with product design and decorating
- Proven experience with working with Operations on product development and production
- Proven experience with working with Technical Services in the development of new products and kits
- Project management with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Solid understanding of urgency in responding to internal (other departments) and external (suppliers, agencies, customers) partners
- Excellent team and time relationship management skills, with the ability to remain flexible and adapt
- Strong interpersonal skills with clear communications (verbal and written)
- A self-starter with the ability to identify projects, solution
- Excellent with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with clear communications (verbal and written)
What we offer:
- Competitive Group Benefits including Health Care, Dental & Vision
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Safety Shoe Allowance
- Employee Perk Discount Program
- Gym Membership at discounted price
Great people, baking great products, for a great future.
Give & Go Prepared Foods Corp. is a proud member of the Mondelēz family and has been a leading and growing North American manufacturer of baked goods for over 30 years.
If you're looking for a company that will provide you with opportunities for career growth and development, while working with an energetic and team with deeply ingrained values of respect, direct and open communication, quality, and accountability, we’d love to have you join our team.
Our Consumer Brands: two-bite® brand, including two bite-brownies®, Kimberley's Bakeshoppe™, Mason St. Bakehouse™, and The Worthy Crumb Pastry Co™
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply directly. Give and Go is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants and employees regardless of race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences (for which a pardon has been granted), disability, marital or family status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us to provide your contact information. While we appreciate all resume submissions, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.