Sitting on our Product team, this role will be critical to the next stage of our growth. This role will be focused on leading product design and user experience of our web-based enterprise SaaS platform, in addition to developing our brand identity. Informed by prioritized input and ideas from our market / users / customers / team, you will work with product requirements to lead visual ideation, generate wireframes and hi-fi mockups for handoff to the Engineering team. You will also work closely with our Engineering team in evolving and maintaining a design system through an atomic design approach.
To be successful in this role, the following will ring deeply true for you:
- You are seeking the intensity of a high-growth start-up in your next role and willing to do whatever it takes to help your team succeed
- You have strong aesthetic/visual approach to design, but can balance the functional needs of a complex product with delivering “wow factor” for our users and customers
- You find the prospect of being the only dedicated designer on the team exciting while being willing and able to cover the full stack of product design capabilities as needed
- You view the design as an important tool to enabling user and business success not a standalone goal onto itself
- You are as motivated by participating in ideation conversations as you are by going heads down on rapid production of high-quality design outputs
- You bring significant product design experience with deep competence in tools like Figma as well as development and maintenance of design systems
- You can comfortably integrate multiple factors into your designs such as responsiveness, internationalization / localization, accessibility (WCAG 2.0 AA), and large data sources
- Bonus: You may also bring some knowledge and experience in HTML / CSS, goal / success tracker application design
Education & Experience
We strongly believe that quality of talent is best measured by motivation, alignment of purpose, skills, depth of experiences, and learning agility. While your past learning and work experiences help us understand who you are, what has shaped you, and what you have been exposed to, we do not use minimum education or years of experience requirements in our job postings.
Location: Anywhere in Canada or the US
Compensation: $90,000 - $130,000 base salary with equity
Referral Bonus: $5,000 for a successful hire
Type: Remote with opportunities to come together with the team in one of our major hubs
Application Requirements: Please ensure your application includes link(s) to your portfolio in addition to your resume.