Position: Intermediate Graphic Designer
Reports to: Director - Graphic Design Studio
Direct Reports: None
Has Contact with: Architect teams, Landscape architects, visual creatives, interior designers, projects managers, graphic designers
Estimated Start Date: Immediate
Job Type: Full-Time, Hybrid (Home/Office)
Benefits: Health & Dental Benefits, Bonus Program, RRSP Match, Flex Hours
Compensation: FORREC offers a comprehensive compensation package.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design preferred.
Experience: Minimum 5+ years of experience in Graphic Design at the Intermediate level. Experience with illustration and vectoring is preferred. Experience with logo design and signage an asset. Strong management and presentation skills a plus.
Other: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
FORREC is a well-established creative design firm known globally for creating inspired entertainment designs for some of the world’s biggest brands. FORREC prides itself on its highly diverse team and profile of services, offering innovative ideas and excellence to clients in the design space. In collaboration with talented creative directors, interior designers, architects, illustrators, writers and project managers, FORREC delivers expertise on design projects that “dazzle”.
FORREC is looking for a creative and versatile Intermediate Graphic Designer with a passion for storytelling and visual communication. The incumbent will be responsible for a wide variety of in-house and client graphic design projects including environmental graphic design, signage + wayfinding, exhibit graphics, branding + visual identity design, custom illustrations, print collateral, marketing support, proposals and presentations. The designer will work as a key partner on fast-paced interdisciplinary teams.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate and motivated designer with a minimum of five (5) years of signage and wayfinding experience. You will be required to coordinate multiple deadlines in a fluid work environment and communicate with internal and external project team members and clients. The role requires a self-starter with excellent time management skills, attention to detail, leadership skills, professional ethics, and strong communication skills.
Why work with us?
Designers come to FORREC because our projects are like nothing they’ve worked on before in traditional design environments. Creativity is our lifeblood, and we draw from the talents of five studios to get the best results. We want people who challenge the everyday.
- Create outstanding design solutions that adhere to graphic design best practices.
- Design and specify components of signage for fabrication, complete with design intent specifications, details, and sections.
- Collaborate with other studios/disciplines to execute collateral creation projects.
- Ensure designs follow project schedules and quality standards.
- Recommend techniques, methods, and media best suited to produce desired visual effects and successfully achieve required design results.
- Discuss and/or articulate schedule, concepts and/or rough sketches with the Director - Graphic Design Studio and/or Project Managers.
- Ongoing communication with the project manager(s) regarding the progress of assigned projects, ensuring adherence to timeline, deadline, and budget.
- Mentor, assign and supervise the activities of interns and junior graphic designers on selected projects
- Enthusiastically participate and contribute to office activities, initiatives and learning programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design from an accredited University/College or foreign equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ (post-graduate) related experience as a Graphic Designer, specifically with signage and/or wayfinding experience.
- Conceptually strong and creative design skills
- Exceptional design sense with the ability to integrate messaging, colour, imagery, and typography -into two- and three-dimensional spaces.
- Able to sketch and illustrate digital concepts proficiently in Adobe Illustrator and/or by hand.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines, including the ADA an asset.
- Knowledge of architectural signage + wayfinding strategies and solutions including fabrication and mounting details would be an asset.
- Basic understanding of architectural plans an asset.
- Illustration and animation skills are an asset.
- Proficiency in Adobe CC/CS Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Proficiency in MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Proficiency in CAD Tools or desire to learn
- Knowledge of Adobe CC/CS After Effects or other motion graphics/animation software an asset
- 3D modelling software knowledge an asset
- Understanding of SketchUp or Revit an asset