Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
The Sync Engagement team owns the experience of the Dropbox desktop app across supported operating systems, and collaborates with Dropbox partner teams as they build for desktop.
This role will be focused on making Dropbox on desktop feel like magic, so that “it just works”. You’ll help refine existing functionality and work with product and research to discover new opportunities across the Dropbox desktop experience.
You will be contributing directly to the Dropbox core user experiences of adding, creating, and accessing content. You’ll also be helping to shape a growing cross-functional team by defining patterns and co-creating team rhythms.
- Candidate will work with a dedicated product partner, and well as another product/design pair
- Work spans across the desktop experience, touching frontend, backend, and the sync engine
- Desktop is a high impact area, catering to 19M+ users, with the opportunity to design across platforms (75% Windows, 25% Mac)
- Candidate will have access to content and research partners, as well as opportunities to interface with other disciplines at Dropbox (EX: Legal, PMM, Brand, Design Systems)
- Candidate will also have the opportunity to shape the future of the desktop strategy at Dropbox
- Candidate will be reporting directly to a director
- A designer with an interest in systems design and strong product strategy skills
- Someone who is curious about technical details and constraints who can balance them against user needs, advocating when necessary
- A strong collaborator who is comfortable working with/across multiple teams at Dropbox
- A designer who would like to own and design for an area rather than a specific feature
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).