Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
The Product Growth team is part of the Growth Design group, focused on creating long-term customers by helping people discover the value of Dropbox. The mission of Product Growth team is to grow people and businesses currently using Dropbox, by helping them effortlessly discover and purchase the best products and features relevant to their needs. Product Growth drives conversions through in-product and cross-channel discovery of Dropbox offerings. We aim to connect the right customer to the right product at the right time.
As Dropbox expands its product portfolio, Product Growth plays a strategic role in defining how new and expanded offerings are presented to customers within the Dropbox product. We aim to inspire existing customers to explore and try the best offerings to suit their long-term needs, through effective in-product experiences that lead to conversions.
As a Product Designer, you will work with a cross-functional team to create end-to-end experiences - from identifying and understanding customer needs, alleviating friction points, experimenting on new opportunities for growth, to owning the craft and finish of every detail. You will be responsible for delivering best in class in-product experiences to help Dropbox achieve and deliver on it’s business goals.
- Influence strategic and holistic decision making.
- Bring clarity and insight to problems that are broad and ambiguous in scope, integrating user, business, and technical constraints into a compelling narrative.
- Concept, design, prototype and help create in-product experiments.
- Iterate and generate multiple viable solutions based on research and feedback to create simple, impactful experiences that solve the problem at hand.
- Skillfully explain your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and encourage feedback to help you produce your best work
- Operate with a holistic, end-to-end journey mindset by leveraging Design Research, our customer archetypes and their actions and needs across our in-product web application surfaces.
- Work closely with fellow Growth designers to create holistic experiences across entire user journey.
- Collaborate closely with engineers and product managers to bring your work to life.
- 5+ years of product design or user experience—ideally at a product-driven company
- Enthusiasm and experience working collaboratively with many cross-functional team members (e.g. Product Management, Engineering, Data Science), as you maintain a strong design perspective.
- Ability to identify and frame problems and opportunities from a user-centric perspective, leaning heavily on data & research.
- Strong experience with quantitative decision making around revenue-oriented goals.
- Clearly communicate complex user flows that integrate multiple features, users, and workflows.
- Experience leveraging and working within established design and brand systems for high quality visual design results.
- A portfolio showing your ability to tackle complex problems while creating seamless design experiences.
- High proficiency in Figma.
- Must submit an online portfolio/work samples.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical work experience in Design.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).