At Docker, we simplify the lives of millions of developers who are making world-changing apps. Docker helps developers bring their ideas to reality by conquering the complexity of app development. We simplify and accelerate workflows with an integrated development pipeline and application components. A fast-growing startup, Docker offers a dynamic work environment.
The Products Team at Docker is looking for a Sr. Product Designer to help excite our expanding developer community. As a Sr. Designer, you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, creative environment where your design ideas matter. This role reports to our Head of Design and works closely with Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to design, iterate, validate and produce a world-class experience that will impact millions of people.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, product management, and company leaders to take products from concept to launch.
- Understand our customers by leveraging qualitative and quantitative data and serve as their advocate when making design decisions.
- Collaborate in planning and observing user tests and other design research activities.
- Properly leverage and contribute to our growing design system.
- Educate and mentor other designers while setting the bar of quality in execution and process.
- Run discovery workshops with Product Managers and Engineering to define opportunities within our products.
- Create success metrics to have a clear understanding how your design impacts customers
- Deliver detailed wireframes, user flows, visual design and other artifacts to agile development teams and refine as needed during project sprints.
- Prototyping designs for user research using low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes.
- 5+ years experience leading Product/UX design through the product-development cycle.
- You get excited about working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of the Design Thinking methodology and process.
- Highly proficient with Figma, Sketch, or the Adobe Creative Suite, as well as other design programs.
- Solid understanding of current web technologies and native desktop interaction patterns.
- Strong, clean, elegant, and innovative design sense.
- Can demonstrate the ability to create a simple, elegant product experience for complex use cases.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Have previously designed consumer or developer products.
- The ability to quickly learn complex concepts and technologies and clearly break down that complexity into a simple product experience.
- Have experience designing a command line interface.
- Experience creating a design system or working within one.
Docker embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.