Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
About The Position
At Contrast, we make application security smart and simple for software teams. But simple is not easy, and the struggle is real. We are looking for a mid-level product designer to help us bring a clear, actionable story about security risk to our customers. You are comfortable creating prototypes or concepts to review with users, working with rich data, and have an interest in data visualization. You have contributed to creating and maintaining design systems and know why they matter so much. While we don’t expect you to be an expert on user research or usability testing, you are happy to lend a hand.
In this role, you will largely cover Assess, our flagship product for interactive application security testing. You may be assigned to support other product needs, as necessary.
- Model the user experience and workflow. Work with UX designers to create concepts and evolve them into workflows, wireframes, and final mockups or visual assets. Help define and clarify user stories.
- Seek internal and external design reviews with your user experience colleagues, product teams, and users to refine your thinking. Partner where you can.
- Support efforts to improve and maintain our design system
- Participate in user research or usability testing efforts to understand problems or surface opportunities for intended audiences. Inform your design choices with this deeper understanding.
- Always collaborate. You know how to work well with UX designers, Agile development teams, and product managers.
- 3+ years of product design experience that includes enterprise products. Brand or consumer product design alone is not sufficient.
- Good storytelling skills. You can present the user’s point-of-view to teams and stakeholders through your design choices and encourage empathy.
- Expertise with design tools to visualize your work, such as Figma and Miro.
- Sketching or drawing ability to quickly communicate ideas
- Attention to detail and well-developed problem-solving skills
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates how your design choices solved user problems. Please include access to this in your application or we cannot consider you.
Preferred (but Not Required)
- BS/BA/BFA in art, design, or related field
- Experience designing DevOps or security software with a wide range of integrations
- Familiar using and maintaining design systems in your workflow
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
What We Offer
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible paid time off
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us. We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business. If you’re looking for a challenge and want to enjoy where you work, you’ll love Contrast Security. Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR as a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.
- We could support remote work in most states except Colorado.