Looking to do work that matters?
We get it – it’s why most people come to Cleo. Together we’re fighting for the world’s financial health, building an AI that helps our users make the best money decisions from day one. We’ve helped 4 million people so far with personalised insights and a voice you don’t expect in FinTech. But it’s time to do more. As we enter the next phase, we’re looking for more improvisers, data geeks and grown ups who want to own their work and create meaningful change.
Life as a Designer at Cleo AI 🖌️
Reporting into our Design Manager you will be;
- Owning and driving design problems within your squad
- Bringing your squad together to form and communicate a vision
- Creating clarity through journeys, wireframes and prototypes
- Validating and iterating designs with researchers
- Executing designs in polished UI in close collaboration with developers
- Creating a great product, UI and chat experience with UX writers
- Planning and prioritising sprint work with product managers
- Sharing, giving feedback and building on work with our Head of Design, the other Senior Product Designers and the wider design team
Why should I apply?
We're moving through uncharted territory with brand new design challenges around chat, UI, brand, tone of voice, and applied machine learning that you can't just look up the answer to - across native app and Messenger platforms. And of course, you’ll be solving money problems that make a very real and tangible difference to our users.
- You’re at least 3-6+ years into your product design career with ideally with some experience mentoring more junior designers
- You have experience designing mobile apps
- You’re a creative problem-solver. We are not making banking slightly prettier, or allowing people to order burgers faster, but radically changing how people interact with and feel about their finances. This means thinking about problems in a different way, and we encourage designers from all backgrounds to apply.
- You’re used to working in squads with developers and product managers
- You have experience developing, shipping and iterating with user focus
- You’re passionate about pixels, craftsmanship and the impact of design
- You’re familiar with design systems, design DNA and brand experience
What do you get for all your hard work?
- An above market compensation package (Base + Equity). We're prepared to pay for the very best. You can view our progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ - this position is a PD3-PD4 level and we can pay between £51,559-£87,857 p.a
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- Cleo is a culture of stepping up. We want, and expect you to grow and develop. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. You’ll have our support in everything you do. But more importantly, you’ll have our trust.
- We treat you as humans first, employees second. Because we can’t fight for the world’s financial health, if we’re not healthy ourselves. This means the usual perks but it also means flexibility.
Other benefits include;
- 25 days Annual leave a year + public holidays
- 4.30pm finish every Friday
- Regular lunch-and-learns as part of a general learning culture
- Online courses and internal training to level up your skills like from coding, to SQL, to management training
- Choose your own gear, ask for the tools you need, and we’ll seek them out for you
- Cleo socials and activities
- Online mental health support via Spill
- Access to Pushfar - online platform for external mentorship
- A clear career progression path through Progression https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/
- And many more!
We are committed to making Cleo a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We are making continuous changes in order to make sure that all voices, especially those of minorities are heard, supported and celebrated. Our work doesn't stop at hiring, and we are providing every employee with training, support and development throughout their Cleo career, alongside training specific to inclusivity.