Citizen is the No. 1 public safety app in the U.S., with a mission to make the world a safer place. Citizen provides 911 alerts so people can use their phones to keep themselves, and the people and places they love, safe. Citizen has notified people to evacuate burning buildings, deterred school buses from nearby terrorist attacks, and led to the rescue of kidnapped children and missing people.
Citizen’s Protect subscription service provides instant access to help the moment it’s needed. Protect Agents are available around-the-clock to address any safety concerns or monitor your surroundings when prompted. Emergency responders can be dispatched to your exact location without you having to call 911, public Citizen incidents can be created when you need help from your nearby Citizen community.
Already relied on by millions of people every day, Citizen will expand even further across the United States this year to keep more users safe and informed. We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to help bring Citizen to hundreds of cities nationwide.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Founders Fund, Goodwater Capital, and Greycroft and has raised $100M+ in VC funding.
Citizen is searching for our first User Experience Researcher to help us deeply understand the needs and motivations of our users and our partners in the public sector. In this role, you will be responsible for gathering insights using qualitative and quantitative methods that will drive our product roadmap and business strategy.
- Work cross-functionally with product management, data science, design, engineering, marketing, and company leadership to shape our product roadmap and business strategy
- Generate hypotheses about users’ needs, behaviors, and attitudes
- Design quantitative and qualitative studies
- Execute studies to evaluate hypotheses
- Gather user feedback on product prototypes
- Communicate insights in creative and compelling ways
- Be an advocate for users in our product development process
- 4+ years work experience, ideally in consumer tech and growth-stage companies
- B.A/B.S. in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Anthropology, Experimental Psychology, or a UX-related field
- Knowledge of qualitative and user-centered design methods
- Knowledge of quantitative and statistical concepts
- Highly curious and empathetic: you are fascinated by humans
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to multitask and manage time effectively under tight deadlines
- True entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to operate successfully in a growth company environment
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.