Ceridian is a global leader in Human Capital Management technology. Simply put, we allow our customers to do the most complex things well (HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Workforce Management and Talent Management) and do them to scale.
Makes Work Life Better™ is our brand promise, not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform, Dayforce, helps leaders make smart decisions based on data, strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
How do we make work life better?
- By delivering an award-winning product, conceptualized and developed by award-winning leaders, that result in award-winning customer employee experiences
- By hiring highly innovative, diverse talent that fully embraces and embodies our core values in everything they do: Customer Focus, Equity, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Optimism
- By using modern technology, such as voice-activation with Dayforce Assistant and access to your money as soon as you earn it with Dayforce Wallet to stay in rhythm with the evolving demands of our 4 million global users
We understand that no matter where you are, choosing a new employer is always one of life’s most stressful events. We encourage you to check us out at Ceridian.com to learn more about how we are impacting the world of work for our customers, employees and you!
Location: For this role, we are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in the United States or Canada.
Ceridian is looking for a self-starting, highly motivated Lead Product Designer to drive our design system efforts across Web and mobile. Design at Ceridian is transforming from a legacy approach to “enterprise software” to a contemporary, user- and human-centered practice, recognizing that even HR and workforce management tools should look and work more like consumer software.
Key to this will be the development of a robust, sensible, and pleasing Design System that will undergird all of our user experiences. While we have many design system essentials in place, this is a remarkable opportunity for a motivated individual to establish a Design System that does it ‘the right way.’ What is ‘the right way’? You tell us! While we have ideas (drawn from such industry leading efforts as Shopify’s Polaris and IBM’s Carbon), we’re looking for a savvy leader to guide us.
This is a leadership role, not a management role. The Lead Product Designer will direct the efforts of a small team building the Design System, but will not have people management responsibilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the design system roadmap across Web and native mobile
- Lead the development and delivery of our design systems in our product offerings
- Drive the evolution of Ceridian’s visual language and interaction pattern library
- Design and define interaction patterns through components, documentation, and prototypes
- Ensure our Design System meets, and often exceeds, standards and guidelines for accessibility
- Specify and maintain our core principles in visual style, typography, spacing, motion, and interaction models.
- Work with developers to maintain and create new components for our library.
- Partner with Brand designers to ensure the Design System reflects our brand identity, and supports marketing and brand design.
- Collaborate with designers across teams to curate new aesthetic and patterns.
- Collaborate with UX Researchers to test as needed to ensure usability and consistency.
- Ask smart questions and champion new ideas, improvements and innovation
Our Desired Profile:
- Demonstrated experience in designing successful products across Web and mobile
- Has taken Design Systems from zero to one, and then helped those systems continue to evolve and scale
- Experience working with product managers and engineers to implement design systems in their products
- Experience working in enterprise SaaS
- Excellent communication, presentation and collaboration skills
- Experience with user research, user testing, and user flows
- Skilled in Figma or similar software
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email directly from our organization.