What is BookJane?
At BookJane, we believe that a human being's greatest potential becomes unlocked when we do the work that we love; and we connect thousands of professional workers to the work they love to do. We utilize our breakthrough platform to unlock human potential with ease and simplicity. Our award-winning tools allow us to help solve one of Healthcare’s major problems, the shortage of healthcare workers. Using union-compliant callout and shift management technology, participants in the healthcare ecosystem (healthcare facilities, professionals, and staffing agencies) are better able to work together to achieve what matters most - providing the highest quality of care.
What is the Role?
The Product Designer role (UI) at BookJane works as part of the product team and will work alongside product managers and other product designers to define the BookJane J360 platform. To succeed as part of the team this individual should have a platform-specific knowledge of iOS, Android, and Web Design systems, experience creating and implementing an atomic/component-based approach to design, and a passion for perfection in each user interaction.
- Working through happy and unhappy use cases with the product team to set out the optimal UI implementation for each feature.
- Illustrate design ideas using clickable prototypes to quickly align on the best experiences
- Design and enforce the standardized use of graphic user interface elements, menus, tabs, buttons, widgets, etc.
- Own and drive the consistent use of a design language across and within each channel.
- Prepare and present prototypes/drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders for feedbackIdentify and troubleshoot the root cause of UI issues in past/existing designs
- Collaborate closely with developers and technology teams throughout the build/implementation process
- Incorporate accessibility requirements as part of every UI/UX element you create
- Test, iterate and listen to user feedback throughout the prototyping process
- High degree of self-motivation and an entrepreneurial approach to work.
- Able to clearly articulate an understanding of what makes for great UI / UX!
- Have expert knowledge of Figma, and a strong working knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and one or more flow creation tools.
- Have a working knowledge of one or more prototyping tools (i.e. InVision)
- 3+ years experience in the role of UI Design
- Have completed a diploma or degree in design or similar
- You have a background in designing HR systems, scheduling/workforce management platforms, or other B2B/B2C applications.
- You have some personal experience with and/or get excited about gig economy solutions!
Ranked #14 on Deloitte Fast 50 and Great Place to Work Certified for 2021.Remote-first company with fun and engaging monthly social activities. Just because we can’t all be at the office together doesn’t mean we can’t have some virtual fun!We’re a fast growing startup in Toronto revolutionizing how staffing is done in the healthcare industry across North America - come join us and be a part of this mission!