The User Experience Designer at Autodesk is an innovative futurist, an accountable product owner, a creative thinker, a supportive mentor, a self-motivated team player, and a skilled SCRUM partner all rolled into one. Our user experience designers use creative problem-solving skills to continually challenge the team to think beyond the expected, and ship high-quality experiences our customers will love. They’re seasoned leaders with expertise in facilitating conversations to solve complex problems. At Autodesk Construction Solutions, our mission is to help teams meet the world’s rapidly expanding building and infrastructure needs, while making construction more predictable, safe and sustainable. Autodesk Construction Cloud is the first step in realizing this mission.
We're hiring a User Experience Designer who will work with the lead designer as well as the product managers and the engineer team to continue to craft and deliver the best-in-class desktop and mobile experience on viewing, creating, and managing markups on 2D drawings, 3D models, and other documents. This role is a critical part of our effort to bring the world leading viewing and collaboration experience to the next level.
- Evaluate and identify the intersection of business needs, customer needs, and technical opportunities
- Actively design and build products by working closely with the lead designer as well as product managers, and engineers
- Create compelling artifacts (wireframes, conceptual diagrams, task flows, storyboards, prototypes, documentation, etc.) that outline present conditions and proposed solutions to gain strategic alignment and encourage innovation within and across the organization
- Meet with customers and development partners to validate designs and make iterative improvements
- Participate in the continuous improvement of customer experience tools and processes, and scalable experience design standards
- Assist in customer research activities during the planning, strategy development, and early design of solutions
- Partner with development teams and team leads to drive successful implementation of great experiences in our software and services
- Participate in design-thinking exercises to break through organizational silos and collaboratively solve complex design challenges
- Be a part of the delivery scrum for your product area
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to ship experiences users love
- Solid interaction design skills – the ability to see the bigger picture and consider every touchpoint along the user journey
- Strong instincts for visual design, copywriting, and user research
- Comfortable designing for multiple platforms including web, iOS and Android
- Familiarity working with design systems that consistently scale across platforms
- Ability to visualize and prototype intended solutions at various levels of fidelity, from high-level wireframes or mock-ups to conceptual presentations to highly technical documents and diagrams
- Ability to present designs to a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders
- Ability to work in agile and fast-moving design environment
- Sound fundamentals in human-centered design best practices
- Familiarity with customer research methods
- Understand technical constraints and effectively balance quality and speed
- Excellent communicator and storyteller, with the ability to distill complex ideas to their essence
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in interaction design, new media design, or related field
- Skilled in facilitation and design thinking
- Experience in service design
- Experience designing tools used for marking up, annotating and collaborating
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for lean UX and data-inspired design
- Intrigued by construction and helping teams build better together
- Experience working with architecture and construction products and services
- Experience working with global teams across multiple time zones
- Experience with Autodesk products
Remote work allowed
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.