Amazon CloudWatch is the native AWS monitoring and observability service for cloud resources and applications. We are seeking a talented UX Designer for a fast growth CloudWatch Logs business that delivers critical services to AWS customers operating at scale. This is a high visibility and high impact role that will interact with all levels of AWS leadership.
This is a unique opportunity to come work on a product that has a well established and fast-growing customer base, high business impact, an emphasis on innovation to drive towards the next phase of growth, and the ability to work with and learn from a passionate team of seasoned cloud professionals.
Key job responsibilities
The ideal candidate will have excellent design, project management, problem solving, and communication skills and be comfortable interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels. In addition, the ability to work backwards and think about building products from a customer perspective is crucial.
As a UX Designer For CloudWatch Logs You Will
- Create user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, domain/industry workflow patterns, and usability study findings
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and other UX Designers to ensure a consistent and delightful experience across all products/services.
- Create frameworks, conceptual diagrams, user flows, wireframes, detailed visual mockups, and prototypes to communicate high-level design strategies.
- Codify designs into written requirements, and confidently defend design rationale in reviews with leadership
- Deliver high quality products that impact the user experience of millions of AWS customers.
A day in the life
Working closely with and across agile teams, you will be able to see and feel the impact of your work on our customers. Our ideal candidate is excited about the incredible opportunity that cloud monitoring represents and is deeply passionate about delivering the highest quality services. We seek a systems oriented design thinker who envisions and crafts holistic solutions that span the entire customer journey. The role entails working strategically with internal and external executives and other senior leaders to create and deliver visionary and customer-focused solutions.
About The Team
Amazon CloudWatch Logs is a core monitoring service used by AWS customers. Our mission is to be the most cost effective, integrated, fast, and secure logs management and analytics platform for AWS customers.
We are a diverse group of product and engineering professionals that are passionate about delivering logging features that delight customers operating at any scale.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded UX Designer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 3+ years of design experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Design, or a related field, or commensurate industry experience
- Portfolio of work demonstrating ability to create customer experiences across a range of touch-points as well as proficiency in UI and interaction design
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Have experience leading UX design for cloud monitoring and observability platforms
- Masters Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Design, or a related field, or commensurate industry experience
- Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
- Experience owning the UX design of complex workflows for technical customers and/or experience in delivering design solutions for projects of large scope and complexity.
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company - Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.