Do you enjoy and excel at tapping into customers' passions, emotions and cultural connections? Are you interested in bringing the Amazon Music brand to life for our customers? Does playing an integral role in shaping the future of music & podcasts excite you? We are looking for an experienced Motion Designer looking to flex their ability to delight customers with their innovative and engaging motion design concepts and execution while working alongside and learning from other top tier Art Directors, Designers, and Content Creators as well as world-class Marketers, Product Mangers, and even Engineers.
Key job responsibilities
- Creating a vision for bringing the Amazon Music brand to life using motion and storytelling.
- Executing motion design deliverables, translating project briefs and balancing against brand book and creative style guides.
- Producing a high volume of assets that can be used across mediums - social, display ads, events/experiential venues, and OOH.
- Driving the development and communication of design guidelines, patterns, and libraries.
- Editing provided footage and material, while raising the bar on the final outputs.
- Work strategically with other design leaders and team members across the organization.
A day in the life
In this role, you will always be steadfastly advocating for our customers, who are music & podcast fans from around the globe, and the Amazon Music brand. You will be involved in projects from concept through delivery, spanning creative thinking and brainstorming, pitching, concept sketching, creating templates for best practices and scale, submitting final deliverables and taking a leadership role in our design community. To succeed you will ideate on motion concepts, execute those concepts, and iterate in collaboration with your incredibly talented peers and business partners. You will work with a team that is filled with top talent, is fun, driven, and that holds itself to a high bar for the customer facing experiences we deliver.
You will be based in Culver City, Brooklyn or there is a possibility of being virtual within the United States.
About The Team
The Amazon Music Brand Team is responsible for setting the standard for the visual brand expression through design mechanisms that support consistency and better brand standards across our product. We are also the team responsible for creating campaigns, style guides and graphic standards, self-service tools and other core brand support mechanisms for the Amazon Music brand. We collaborate regularly with cross-channel creatives and business stakeholders with the primary objective of creating bar-raising design solutions that express the core brand traits and tenets.
Our team is focused on balancing life with our work, and we do this via work autonomy and by putting focus on prioritizing solutions and processes that enable us to scale. While there may be an opportunity to work from an office (location dependent), working remotely is supported, and often times encouraged. Work hours are flexible and typically self-defined.
Mentorship & Career Growth
One of the most exciting aspects of being on the Amazon Music creative team is the opportunity to partner closely with professionals across the full organization. The fast-paced, collaborative environment means you’ll be working alongside music industry, product design, marketing, and creative rock stars who can help you accelerate your career, stretch your skills, and bring new ideas to market.
- Online portfolio that demonstrates a breadth and depth of video post-production and motion design skills, particularly on social media channels.
- 5+ years' experience in a deadline-driven environment, preferably in a creative agency or production company.
- 2+ years' experience with Adobe Creative Cloud: Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other video tools.
- 2+ years' experience in video editorial using filmmaking principles (story, timing, traditional use of perspective, etc.) and visual design for graphic integration (typography, composition, color, etc.).
- Knowledge of video industry standard formats, and media management practices on Mac platform and networked environments.
- Advanced skills in design, storyboarding, video editing, UX/UI motion, or 3D modeling is a plus.
- Experience streamlining video post-production workflows for high output.
- Passion for creating inventive designs that elevate the brand and experience.
- Passion for design thinking and the strategic, business impact of design.
- Experience pushing existing style guides in innovative ways.
- A passion for music!
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $120,000 - 163,000 year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1991338