Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy®is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
Age of Learning’s Brand Team is seeking a Social Media Designer to create best-in-class original social content for ABCmouse and our portfolio of products including our Schools programs, My Math Academy and My Reading Academy. Working closely with the Sr. Creative Director, and Sr. Social Media Manager, this person will apply inspired design expertise from concept through final production, that will attract, engage, and delight consumers via our social media channels. The ideal candidate will have expertise in designing content for social media and a track record for using it to engage fans and build online communities. The Social Media Designer should be an exceptional visual storyteller who can design a variety of digital content types, while adhering to style guides and brand guidelines. This candidate will partner closely with the Sr. Social Media Manager who is responsible for setting the social media strategy and calendar, designing content that aligns with the vision and sets our brands apart on social media.
This person should be intellectually curious and strive to continually learn. They should be a trend spotter who is creative and organized and take a data-driven approach, possess excellent communication skills, thrive in a fast-paced environment, is comfortable managing multiple projects concurrently, and is flexible with shifting priorities.
- Design and produce creative content on a robust content calendar as set by the Sr. Social Media Manager
- Design and produce digital collateral; assets for web and mobile; occasionally web and mobile UX/UI projects; creating specific assets for all social outlets, across all campaigns
- Uphold brand standards and apply brand consistency across all design work
- Create original vector illustrations, gif animations, as needed
- Manage and prioritize within timelines, with flexibility to re-prioritize frequently as needed, meeting established deadlines
- Uphold industry standard best practices, including design trends, social media effectiveness, and file management
- Collaborate closely with the Brand Team, Communications Team, and various cross functional stakeholders
- Prioritize and translate requests from internal teams and outside partners into tangible designs
- Research the core project needs and engage with stakeholders to drive design decisions
- Support and build Age of Learning design culture with initiative and forward thinking
- 5+ years of creative development/social media design experience with digital properties, product, or marketing side
- Great visual storyteller as demonstrated in an outstanding portfolio; Expert in digital media with excellent proficiency in layout and composition, strong typography skills, solid logo design development, and ability to create video for social
- Fluent in the latest social media platforms and trends, with particular emphasis on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube; proficient in Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tik Tok, and new emerging social platforms
- Must work collaboratively and take design direction well with a positive approach to innovation while delivering inspirational and resourceful creative
- Understands the importance of data in evaluating program success.
- Strong self-starter, highly responsive, independent, and responsible for all aspects of project such as sourcing photos, producing assets, presenting concepts, executing through to deliverables
- Experience with cross-functional partnerships; taking direction from the Sr. Social Media Manager
- Experience engaging Moms & families in kid’s media, K–12 education space, or EdTech preferred
- Up to date with the latest online design trends, techniques, and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite; proficient in Adobe XD, Sketch, HubSpot, and HTML desired
- Strong attention to detail and extremely high standards of quality
- Sense of humor required :)
Age Of Learning Currently Provides
- 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
- A 401(k) program with employer match
- 15 paid vacation days, 11 observed national paid holidays plus 9 sick days
- Our flexible work culture means 2 or more days in the office (hybrid) or 100% fully remote options available for most positions
- Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
- Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
- Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
- Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture