✍🏽 About Writer
AI your people will love. That's our vision, and it contains multitudes :-)
We're filling a big need for generative AI built ground-up for the needs of enterprises and embraced by their teams. As generative AI became a board-level initiative almost overnight for most enterprises, our market matured dramatically and we benefit from that tailwind. Our product is highly differentiated, our roadmap is transformative, and our customers are happy and vocal.
🛣 Traction and backing
Writer is deployed widely at leading companies like UnitedHealthcare, Accenture, Intuit, UiPath, HubSpot, Spotify, Hilton, Uber, and Deloitte. We have an NRR of +135% and we're just getting started.
Our inbound funnel is large and growing fast (+3M visitors/month, thousands of weekly ICP trial starts). In late 2021, we received a $21M Series A led by Insight Partners, with participation from Google's Gradient Ventures, GTMFund, and a world-class group of founders, operators, and angels. We're a clear leader in a space receiving significant investor interest, and will be able to make the investments required to maintain that position.
🎯 Why it's the perfect time to join
- We're still only 50 people. There's a lot of room to contribute and grow an enduring SaaS company. You'll have unquestionably made it happen.
- We have strong PMF. We have strong DAUs and deep usage. People spend hours in Writer. The work you'll do will have a direct impact on some of the top companies in the world — and make work more enjoyable for the users who depend on us to meet their goals.
- Build it, nail it, scale it. We're at 'scale it' and are continually learning. If you like helping turn dirt paths into smooth roads, now is the perfect time to join.
🤓 What We're Like
- We connect. We bring our whole selves to work. We're a diverse group on multiple dimensions, and we share that with each other.
- We challenge. We're first principles thinkers, and those principles guide our product and GTM decisions. Things you won't hear at Writer include "Because that's what X wants" or "Company Y does it this way." We're all on the same side as we build Writer our own way.
- We own. Building a company that achieves escape velocity is hard work. We take full ownership over our schedules and our outcomes, because we believe that's the purest-energy way to work that hard.
📈 Our operating cadence
- We're a low-meeting (<4 hours/week for most people) culture, with 1-2 weeks a quarter that are totally meeting-free.
- We've been distributed since day 1, and our distributed processes and rituals are long-engrained.
- There's low overhead, and projects are single-threaded.
- We break down company milestones into quarterly goals and projects, and emphasize by team the one thing that matters the most.
- All of our dashboards and metrics are transparent, live in a single view, and are shared with everyone.
- We're good at communicating async, use DMs and distracting notifications with caution, and respect each other's work hours. And we'd never send you a calendar invite before making sure you're free.
- Weeks are tough, but weekends are sacred.
📐 About This Role
Writer is looking for our first Product Designer that's thoughtful and talented. You'll be instrumental in bringing our product design vision to market and establishing the foundation for future growth. This is the perfect role for a designer who is looking to make impactful decisions in the product org. Writer is experiencing an incredible market moment as generative AI has taken the world by storm. Our team is a fully distributed team, but we do require overlap with PST time zone.
🦸♀️ Who You Are
- You are passionate about building great user experiences and keeping a team centered on the user throughout research, design and implementation —all while keeping business and technical angles in mind.
- You are ready to take ownership of a complex, growing product and are comfortable with ambiguity; you learn quickly.
- You love collaborating with passionate and talented cross-functional partners.
- You’re intentional about your design decisions and communicate them simply and clearly.
🚀 What You’ll Do
- Design the user experience of Writer products, including:
- Researching user and business objectives in collaboration with Product
- Translating user needs and business objectives into designs that help our customers get the job done (delightfully)
- Prototyping and testing the efficacy of designed solutions
- Gather feedback and figure out how to iterate and improve things you launch.
- Work on the product roadmap with cross-functional partners.
- Keep upgrading the design process, quality, and community at Writer.
⭐️ You have
- 4+ years of experience working as a UX and Product Designer.
- Experience working on a technical or B2B product is a plus, but not required.
✍🏽 Who We Are
- We're filling a big need for a writing assistant that serves professional users and teams. Our product becomes indispensable to those customers who have to produce a ton of content and do it all to exacting standards. Our team is small, but hand-picked, passionate and experienced.
- We have strong Product-Market Fit, paying customers and strong usage. We have thousands of new users sign up every week, so you’ll have near-instant feedback on the things you design and experiments the team runs. And our enterprise customers include inVision, Pinterest, Twitter, Intuit and UiPath.
- We're backed by the best funds in the game and a world-class group of founders, operators, and angels. You can read more about our $21M Series A here.
🎯 Why it’s a great time to join
- We're just 50 people. There's a lot of room to contribute and grow an enduring SaaS company. You will have unquestionably made it happen.
- Build it, nail it, scale it. We're at 'nail it.' If you like helping turn dirt paths into smooth roads, now is the perfect time to join. We've grown 5x and are running fast towards aggressive — and achievable — milestones.
- It’s still day one. Although we’ve proud of what we’ve accomplished so far, we’re just getting started. We see tremendous potential for improving our product and launching new, first-ever features.
We don’t spend frivolously, but we do take care of our own. Besides smart, sincere colleagues and a vibrant work environment, we are proud to offer:
- Employer-covered medical plans, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive parental leave policy (parents actually work here!)
- Generous PTO
- Company stock options with long exercise windows
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Flexible schedules
Writer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We don't make hiring or employment decisions based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Under the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
👋 Ready to apply?
Apply here — and make sure to let us know why you want to join the team!