Product Designer- PaaS Tribe (Freelance)
Our mission 🚀
Founded in 1999, Scaleway, the cloud of choice, helps developers and businesses to build, deploy and scale applications to any infrastructure. Located in Paris, Amsterdam and Warsaw, Scaleway’s complete cloud ecosystem is used by 25,000+ businesses, including European startups, who choose Scaleway for its multi-AZ redundancy, smooth developer experience, carbon-neutral data centers and native tools for managing multi-cloud architectures. With fully managed offerings for bare metal, containerization and serverless architectures, Scaleway brings choice to the world of cloud computing, offering customers the ability to choose where their customer’s data resides, to choose what architecture works best for their business, and to choose a more responsible way to scale.
Our journey 💡
We want all our actions and decisions to bring us closer to achieving our vision: building and scaling technologies that make sense to us, to our customers and their end users. Scaleway is the challenger nobody’s expecting.As our business scales, the customers and developers we serve are increasingly diverse and global. Giving them an unbeatable experience is central to our business strategy and value proposition. To better understand them, we've discovered that the best way to deliver the highest value and performance is by incorporating a well-rounded team that leverages diverse perspectives, knowledge, skills, and cross-cultural understanding.
Our values 💜
Singularity: We do it our own way.
Community: One company, one culture
Adventure: Level up if you dare, never stop innovating.
Leadership: Be the leader you want to follow.
Excellence: We want to be customers' first choice as a cloud provider.
Rock Solid: You can always count on us!
About The Job
At Scaleway, we are building the most complete cloud ecosystem in Europe. To this end, we rely first and foremost on a crystal-clear, quality user experience. We don’t want our users to get lost in complex interfaces. We believe there is no technical challenge that can’t be transformed into a smooth and friendly experience for our clients.
We aim to make user experience design a pillar of the cloud industry.
Reporting to our Lead Product Design, you’ll work closely with Product Managers, Developers, and Tech & UX writers, to ensure that the Core Tribe achieves the best results possible.
You will help the PaaS Tribe make highly technical concepts as understandable as possible, and take a pedagogical approach internally to achieve this goal.
The PaaS tribe is composed of 10 squads. They provide all/most of the managed products that will enable application/service developers to focus on their code without having to worry about the infrastructure.
- Discover & Define: Driven by your Product Manager(s) and the UX Research team, you’ll jump into user interviews or user story mapping to understand your users’ problems and produce a solution
- Delivery: You will produce low/high-fidelity prototypes in order to present meaningful solutions during design review and developers handoff
- Testing & Quality: You know that a design is good only if it works! With the help of your PM and the UX Research team, you’ll organize usability and user testing and report results to your team
- People & Collaboration: You’ll be part of your tribe’s triforce, working closely with your PM, Front-end Developers, and Tech & UX writers, to ensure the best value is delivered in a collective way. You’ll be part of the Product Design team as well, and for this reason, you won’t hesitate to trigger design critiques with your design teammates
- Culture: As part of the Design team, you’ll play a role in evangelizing Design internally
- 5+ years experience in a similar product design position
- You are passionate about (product) design
- Exceptional communication skills: verbal, written, internally and externally
- Very good command of English
- You are a team player and you want to play a role in developing your team
- Figma… well… you know… !
- Positivity, resilience, and empathy best describe your personality. You gladly accept feedback and iterate with the team
- You are proactive and always ready to share your thoughts and ideas for improvement
- You want to learn as much as you want to teach
- Experience working on B2B solutions
- Experience working in tech companies
- Experience in documentation and presentation
- Experience in dashboard interfaces design
- French/English (speaking and writing)
- Figjam, Maze
This is a short-term contract to cover a departure
The position is open for Freelancers only
Duration: Beginning of April to the end of December 2023
Location: Based in our offices in Paris or in Lille, partially remote possible
Screening call (30 mins) with Diane PAUL - Talent Acquisition Manager
Manager Interview and Portfolio Review (1H) with Arnaud LE ROUX - Lead Product Designer
HR Interview (45 mins)
Offer sent within 48h
On average our process lasts 2-3 weeks days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Important note: if you don't see yourself ticking all the boxes don't hesitate to apply anyway. Don't limit yourself to a job description, you never know!
To learn more about us 🌐Scaleway website | Scaleway’s blog| Scaleway on Twitter