Senior UX Researcher
Prodigy Education is a global leader in game-based learning and is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in North America. Our mission is to help every student in the world love learning, motivating millions worldwide via fun, secure and accessible curriculum-aligned gameplay experiences. Visit www.prodigygame.com to learn more.
Prodigy's design practice weaves marketing, product, and game efforts into coherent experiences that inspire students to love learning, infused with brand personality, deep customer understanding, and AAA-level craft. In the design practice we have 5 core values: Impact, Excellence, Curiosity, Empowerment, and Ingenuity.
We’re looking to hire a Senior UX Researcher to help better understand our users’ needs, and spread a culture of human-centered, qualitative research throughout the company.
The successful candidate has experience in defining problems, selecting the appropriate research methods, synthesizing insights, evaluating prototypes and assisting with building and releasing projects. You will support multiple teams through the research process and therefore presenting research methods and results will be crucial.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to plan research so we can better understand our users and uncover new opportunities
- Guide research activities to define current customer pain points and map ideal future experiences
- Develop research strategies and manage/prioritize research backlogs in accordance with current priorities
- Moderate workshops, in-person interviews, and remote sessions
- Act as a repository of research-based knowledge for the organization
- Facilitate research by collecting, analyzing, and producing insights to lead the team toward user outcomes
- Help define product requirements and understand user workflows to assist design and product teams in iterating through product discovery
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, product managers, and other disciplines to design, implement, and track the success of projects
- Prepare recommendations and deliver presentations to influence company strategy and guide key stakeholders to better understand user needs
- 7+ years of UX research experience
- Passion for learning about people, their motivations, and their behaviours
- Broad experience in conducting qualitative research with a clear understanding of various qualitative research methodologies
- Familiar with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics and A/B tests, able to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research
- Ability to create, pitch, and execute generative and evaluative research approaches
- Technically proficient with design research methods, techniques, and tools
- Experience conducting research with teachers
- Experience conducting remote research
- Experience in education and/or gaming industries
Working at Prodigy
- Why Prodigy? Here at Prodigy, our employees are the foundation of our organization - an asset that transforms our mission into a reality! For this reason, we offer our employees a Total Rewards Program that is geared towards their financial, physical and mental well-being.
- Employees receive full health benefits from day one! Including separate allocation for mental health.
- Employee stock options and savings plan
- $500.00 to create your own work from home set-up
- We pride ourselves on constant learning, which is why we offer our employees an annual learning fund of $1200.00
- Prodigy Savings Program (RRSP, TFSA)
- We value wellness, so in addition to wellness classes and benefits, we also offer an additional $720.00 fund to all employees
- Flexibility to choose whether you work from home or in-office, based on what works best on any given day
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly “no meeting day” Tuesdays
- Extended long weekends throughout the year!
- Want to work from anywhere in the world? We offer 4 weeks of "work from anywhere" per year!
Please note: the privacy and security of our users are of the utmost importance to us, and all employees will be expected to act in accordance with Prodigy’s stringent security policies.
Follow us @ProdigyCareers and Instagram to learn more, or visit our website at www.prodigygame.com to view additional benefits and perks and our Culture Blog.
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Education will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us, and we will work with you to meet your needs.