Many companies offer payroll and human capital management (HCM) solutions, but Paylocity takes technology to the next level. We’ve evolved beyond HCM to a next-generation employee experience platform. With uniquely designed solutions to help companies engage employees, we’ve changed how and where work gets done and created a personalized work environment. Join Paylocity as we continue to transform the future of technology!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it’s career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
Take your career to the next level at one of G2's Top 100 Software Companies. Explore our Product & Technology positions to see where you fit!
Let's go forward together.
Our Product & Technology organization nurtures a dynamic agile work environment full of talented individuals with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds working in small squads around a shared mission. Guided by our development principles, and a passion for compelling software, we come together to deliver great products and make Paylocity an exciting place to work. Best of all this is a work from home opportunity!
The Product Designer is an integral member of the UX organization and works directly with our product development teams. They partner directly with our Product Managers to understand customer behavior and deliver best-in-class user experiences within the Paylocity product suite. They are responsible for meeting a product team’s user experience needs, which may include: Visual Design, Interaction Design, Design System Contributions, Information Architecture, Writing, Quantitative and Qualitative Research and Analysis, and Prototyping. They are creative thinkers and problem-solvers dedicated to putting the user first by learning through rapid experiments and frequent customer feedback loops.
Reports To: Product Design Manager
How We Work
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
What We Offer
- A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
- Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
- A phenomenal talent anywhere culture, where employees can work remotely anywhere in the US and/or work from one of three U.S. offices located in Illinois, Florida and Idaho
During The Last Three Months, You Would Have
- Turned broad, conceptual ideas into elegant design solutions centered on our users' success and happiness at completing their jobs.
- Collaborated with Product Managers to develop a basic understanding of the user needs
- Contributed to high-level, strategic conversations across a category with product and executive teams
- Offered and solicited feedback from team members to continually better the design practice
- Identified and applied best practices to common design problems
- Instilled an unwavering commitment to quality in all projects from conception to launch
- Partnered with development and engineering to ensure excellent communication and execution of every project
- Shipped a product, learned from it, and iterated
- Lived our culture and principles and followed standards in executional and operational excellence
- Must have at least 3 years of experience using design system patterns to create engaging, multi-platform user experiences; experience creating experiences at an enterprise level organization preferred
- Bachelor's degree in design, Human Computer Interaction, technology or related field or equivalent experience
- Advanced in common creative tools such as: Figma, Sketch, Invision and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Competent in User Research and Product Design
- Familiarity with working in an agile software development environment working on/with cross-functional teams to deliver a product user experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and iterate on valuable user experiences
- Able to effectively communicate design thinking and product strategy with the team and stakeholders that deliver upon business outcomes
- Can confidently balance many projects at one time while delivering valuable user experiences
- Has a solid understanding of front end development (HTML/CSS)
- A fierce advocate for continuous improvement by applying the latest design thinking and principles to solve complex user needs.
- An independent thinker and self-starter who proactively seeks out new opportunities with a commitment to the highest quality.
- A humble facilitator who collaborates and seeks feedback from a diverse, cross-functional team of developers, product owners, business analysts, and product team leaders.
- Passionate about maintaining and contributing to a comprehensive design system that is the foundation of a cohesive customer experience.
- Energized by understanding our user's unmet needs through the proficient application of user interviews, taxonomy, journey mapping, and rapid prototyping.
- Is opportunistic when bringing creativity and fresh thinking to their work as it evolves in the software development lifecycle.
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
Our Current Focus Is On The Following Initiatives
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement.
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
EEO and accessibility Statement
Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.
Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position is $94,050 - $128,887/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the relevant state and local pay transparency laws for the location in which this position will be performed. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.