Senior Product Designer
Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the largest provider of educational support, supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts. Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers. Founded in 2014, Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential, independent of socio-economic status, geography, language or other barriers. We are headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning .The Senior Product Designer for Paper’s Growth initiatives will collaborate with all disciplines at every step of the process – from gathering insights, brainstorming, prototyping and experimenting, to launching the final experience. This person will be part of a team that welcomes all ideas from all sources and grows from these ideas.This position can be located in any geography in the US or Canada.
Please include your portfolio when you apply, and be prepared to talk through your specific input on the design for each product/project presented.
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to help shape the product strategy and vision.
- Deliver designs and solutions that drive user engagement and support.
- Lead, guide, and mentor product designers on the delivery team.
- Plan, conduct, and contribute to the insight-gathering and user research process, in an ongoing effort to understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and intentions.
- Create personas, journeys, wireframes and user/process flows to communicate UX and design ideas.
- Meaningfully contribute to Paper’s internal design system.
- Bring ideas to life through storyboards, prototypes, demos, and more.
- Stay abreast of new trends and technologies in the field of UX design, using this knowledge to continuously improve our design processes.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects and competing priorities.
- 5+ years of experience as a Product/UX Designer.
- Ability to adapt to and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to articulate the strategy behind your work, and to map your decisions to company objectives.
- Strong frameworks for conducting meaningful, illuminating user research.
- Ability to use data to inform design decisions.
- The ability to design consistent experiences across multiple devices.
- Strong visual communication skills, with a keen eye for typography, layout, and color.
- Experience with Figma or a comparable developer/designer collaboration tool.
- Experience with Miro, Mural for collaboration with stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the software development process; HTML and CSS experience a plus.
- Passion for the EdTech industry and making a positive impact on students’ lives.
- Work with a dynamic team that provides support whenever you get stuck.
- Remote first environment.
- Annual company-wide meetup.
- Opportunity for career development with a fast-growing company.
- A unique opportunity to make an impact by making education more equitable.
- Stipend to help support the growth of your home office.
- Unlimited access to tutoring for children of Paper employees.
- We’re remote-first…
- …but we still want to meet you, so we’ll fly you in for annual meetups (sometimes more)
- We’re growing fast, and so will your career
- Monthly stipend to support the growth of your home office
- Unlimited access to tutoring and educational support for children of Paper employees
- Benefits, retirement plan (+ match), stock options, and more
Paper offers an exciting, dynamic, inclusive work environment putting excellence at the center of everything we do. Our mission is woven into the fabric of our culture, challenging our team to build meaningful and creative solutions.We thrive when we collaborate with each other, and use integrity and selflessness to align our business decisions with our mission. We approach every challenge with positivity , achieving the outcome we want regardless of what gets in the way. Our tenacity propels our hyper-growth, where trust is key and we all strive to make an impact every day.We believe that diverse teams build better products. Paper does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.Nobody checks every box, but the Paper team is built by passionate and innovative people who share our mission for democratizing education. If you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but are still interested in the job, please apply.PS. Equity is our mission! We make sure to treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our job board - our amazing talent team will reach out! Our team isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone.