Sr. UX Designer
Live Fully at Marriott International – #1 Leader in Hospitality
At Marriott International, you have the opportunity to grow in your career, work with teammates that feel like family, and help make our world a better place.
The Marriott International HQ, located at 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States, 20814 is currently hiring a Sr. UX Designer
With every journey, travel has the power to shape us and our world. Begin your journey as the Senior Manager User Experience & Design at Marriott International, repeatedly voted one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Join our high energy and talented User Experience & Design team creating best-in-class digital experiences for one of the most recognized hospitality companies in the world.
This role is responsible for designing commerce-focused web products ranging from near-term tactical to longer-term strategy with a keen focus on data-driven, best-in-class product design. They will contribute to digital experiences that deliver on both revenue conversion and emotional engagement to support business outcomes. Partnering closely with the Director of User Experience, product management and technology colleagues to meet needs across our business, leisure, member and non-member customers.
This position requires the ability to produce design as an individual contributor and provide direction to internal and external designers.
A strong portfolio is critical. Your portfolio should showcase experience in UX and interaction design in commerce solutions, particularly highlighting conversion optimization efforts, simplicity and ease-of-use.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in digital product design
- 4-year undergraduate degree, with bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience in multiple of the following user experience disciplines: interaction design and visual design
- Strong grounding in general usability and transactional design best practices
- Experience with major, large-scale global digital apps, web sites, or other digital products within the commerce space
- Proven experience with commerce checkout processes including understanding of best practices for displaying product and pricing
- Well versed in industry best practices for increasing search rate and step conversion
- Strong grounding in search forms, search results, general usability and transactional design best practices
- Proven experience delivering concepts, user journeys, prototypes, etc. across platforms (desktop, mobile web, app, etc.)
You’re exactly who we’re looking for if you:
- Champion conversion techniques while balancing an elevated user experience
- Promote UX best practices drawn from a variety of disciplines (within and beyond hospitality)
- Communicate through compelling visuals and deliverables
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm in leading and influencing teams
- Showcase strong presentation, negotiation, and persuasion skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
Nice to Have:
- Expertise in large-scale global digital entities or other digital products within the hospitality, or travel industry
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills including discovery facilitation, presentation, and storytelling
- Experience with Agile / SAFE development methodologies
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Demonstrating and Applying Discipline Knowledge
- Produces sketches, wireframes, personas, journey maps, flows, designs, motion specs, prototypes and/or presentations as needed to communicate experience design
- Provides subject matter expertise on key functional systems to help shepherd strategic initiatives from idea to feasible implementation
- Provides subject matter expertise on hotel brands and the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program to help ensure they are infused correctly and seamlessly throughout digital products
- References Design System Manager for appropriate patterns, components, and styles in the course of user experience design work; attends office hours for feedback and follows procedures to propose new elements when necessary
- Produces both innovative high-level design concepts / strategy visualizations as well as development-ready designs with specifications
- Ensure a quality experience on live digital products by participating in the user acceptance testing process
- Uses software including: Adobe Creative Suite; Sketch; InVision Studio; Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Keeps skills up-to-date on industry trends and applies new knowledge to job, identifying strategic opportunities for competitive advantages through those findings
- Clearly present your work citing industry best practices, qual and quant data to support your decisions
- Be a thought partner providing recommendations based on research and data for experience enhancements across all digital touchpoints
- Collaborates with a variety of user experience disciplines within the team (Information Architecture, Design System/Standards, User Research, Copywriting) to advance your work
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- Provides accurate estimates as to needed time to complete work to feed project plans (and therefore personal deadlines)
- Meets deadlines once agreed upon
- Reports impediments to completing work and meeting deadlines
- Provides regular status updates to manager
- Successfully manages multiple assignments at once
- Accepts critique and critiques work of others in a helpful and professional manner
- Communicates in a timely and appropriate manner with teammates
- Works independently with minimal supervision, but knows when issues should be escalated to manager
- Develops relationships with members of other teams, and leverages those relationships to answer questions
- Presents work with clarity and confidence; explains complex matters so that others can understand them
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others.
Chat, engage and follow us on social media. | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
Visit www.marriott.com/careers to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.