Senior UX/UI Designer
$70,000/yr - $90,000/yr USD
senior ux/ui designer.
At makesy, we believe deeply that the "right" people are our greatest asset. We value people with high energy, who possess the ability to energize others. People who are smart, creative and have a point of view. People who see the answer in every problem, versus those who see the problem in every answer. People who are driven, determined and won't take "no" for an answer. We value team players, people who are more concerned with what's right, rather than who's right.
We are looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join our team!
As Senior UX/UI Designer, you help define and drive the future of makesy’s design. You identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
In this role, you will apply your passion for brand, craft, and design fidelity to guide research and design processes and collaborate with other creatives to create innovative user experiences across all of makesy’s products.
- Use data to drive decisions and encourage transparency.
- Consistently bring new, innovative, and creative ideas to the brand.
- Manage digital and online design and user experience.
- Review the website for opportunities for regular updates and UX improvements.
- Update and optimize product pages.
- Design and implement creative updates to the website, email, social media and other digital customer facing content using shogun, figma, shopify etc.
- Consult and provide assets for digital marketing, email and web projects.
- Manage, test and execute web development projects.
- Collaborate with Design Production on brand visual strategy and creative direction alignment.
- Be a masterful, passionate, and visionary story teller.
- High energy, charismatic personality with an aptitude for motivating others and creating a positive, fun, and inspiring work atmosphere.
- Maintain Company creative standards across all outward facing touch points.
- Must be located in Southern California
- Bachelor’s Degree in UX/UI Design, Graphic Design or Motion Graphics preferred
- Strong portfolio showcasing high-end digital design skills
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and graphic design software (adobe creative cloud, figma, shogun).
- Experience with Shopify or similar e-commerce platforms.
- Be comfortable balancing competing priorities in a fluid startup environment.
- Ability to function as a contributing team member and interact positively and openly.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to think on your feet.
- Complete initiatives in a timely manner, without missing or delaying deadlines.
- Annual Salary Pending Experience: $70,000-$90,000
- Health Care Benefits
- 401k plan
- Paid Time Off
- Flex work schedule (remote)
- Corporate ClassPass Membership (free massages and wellness perks monthly)
- Daily Meditation breaks
- Wellness Wednesday
- Small (ish) company, open to all input and collaborative brainstorming to help develop the brand. Everyone has a voice!
Making is our mission. Makin’ your dreams come true… ooh ooh ooh ooh! 🎶 Makesy utilizes only the highest quality ingredients and components on the planet (literally the whole planet). Any less would be a mess. Makesy is a premier online marketplace offering natural eco-friendly & innovative making supplies to makers around the globe. We pride ourselves in servicing the large global retailer in bulk down to the expressive small business owner and DIY extraordinaire. DIY all day, y’all! Nurturing our planet and gathering inspiration from nature is interwoven into all facets of our brand. It’s all we know! We have found ways to make something seemingly complex seem super simple. Yip-a-dee-yup! You can count on us to be extraordinarily transparent, a listening ear, to always deliver top quality, and send you a pick-me-up when you need a lil nudge. At the end of the day, you can rest easy knowin’ your pals at makesy have got yo back (and that’s a fact)! Think of us as your go-to creative guidebook, hype-person and best friend all in one (we know - pretty awesome, right?). Makesy is the ultimate place to get your creative juices movin’ and groovin' on all things DIY!
We are industry disruptors. We are a high-growth, fast-paced business. We are not in this business to maintain the status quo, we are here to be the best, most nimble, full-service supplier to creative people in the world. Our mission is simple: empower, educate and inspire Makers around the globe to create the best quality product with the best resources to support them. Our customer ranges from the large global retailer in bulk down to the expressive small business owner and DIY extraordinaire. Help us help others make their dreams come true in creating a business they love by creating products they love.
We love what we do. And we only want you to work with us if you’re going to love it too. In fact, we don’t even think of what we do as “work”. Our team is composed of passionate, competent, and committed individuals that make up our collaborative, family-oriented culture. Now, let’s get down to business.