At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft’s Fleet business is responsible for strategic investments that pave the way for Lyft to operate fleets of the future at scale and with hyper-efficiency. We run one of the largest vehicle fleets in the US through our rental car programs, and we partner with multiple Autonomous vehicle providers to seamlessly integrate their vehicles into our rideshare network. Additionally, we service vehicles through our physical locations and mobile mechanics.
The Fleet Platform is responsible for all of the tools and services that keep each of our Fleet products running. These tools help visualize data and operations, allowing us better control, utilization and efficiency across all our products. These products are critical to Lyft’s future and are filled with many exciting challenges and unsolved problems including improving our on the ground experience, and scaling new 0-1 initiatives.
As a product designer for Fleet Platform, you will be involved at every step of product development, from brainstorming broad ideas to ensuring design quality through launch. Lyft is looking for a design leader who uses their full range of interaction, visual, and product thinking skills, to lead and own an experience. The designer for Fleet Platform will focus on unique and challenging end-to-end experiences as we bring the Lyft brand into the real world with our fleet and physical locations.
- Problem solve, think big, and explore divergent concepts/ideas while understanding how to converge and build iteratively towards your vision
- Plan strategically and think tactically as a partner with product and engineering to define the future of the team
- Influence the shape of the product with research and data while executing design work using high-quality wireframes, mockups, user journeys, and cross-platform interactive prototypes
- Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale
- Inspire the entire team (including your cross-functional) partners by bringing new ideas to the table
- Create a unified, end-to-end experience through close collaboration with team members from across the Product and Marketing Design Teams
- 4+ years of experience working in UX, UI, HCI related fields with experience working on SaaS/internal tooling products - mandatory
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly proficient with design tools (Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Highly proficient with interactive prototyping tools
- Excellence in design craft
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment