Lead UX Designer, iOS
Description & Requirements
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About This Team
The North America UX design function is a key part of the Global Digital & Omni team, providing user-centered experience strategy, design concepts, and production-ready design assets to deliver a cohesive and meaningful guest experience across our digital touch points.
a day in the life
- Produces the experience vision for lululemon native apps—defining what purpose the app fulfills in the lives of guests and visualizing how the apps will fulfill that purpose—ultimately painting a clear picture of the future app experience that results in a roadmap for delivery. This will be a core part of the broader experience vision that crosses all channels.
- Develops the native app principles, standards, and experience guard rails to ensure a cohesive and purposeful end to end app experience—and creates the mechanisms to scale this understanding and adherence (I.e. training designers and operationalizing processes) out to the broader UX team that is responsible for designing features within the apps.
- Delivers mockups, prototypes, haptic pattern design, and animations of design innovation that is unique to, and pushes the boundaries of native apps.
- Collaborate with design focused developers to ideate, prototype, and architect technical implementation strategy—in order to materialize the most ambitious design ideas.
- Mentors and guides a team of app specialty UX designers, and serves as a mentor and advisor to the UX team at-large.
- Acts as the UX expert and advisor to the organization on—and communicates the benefits of—native app design, standards, best practices, accessibility, and exploration of experiences within the broader Apple ecosystem (i.e. Apple Watch, Apple TV, Handoff, NFCs, iBeacons, Wallet).
- Drives the lululemon UX corporate partnerships with Apple to stay ahead of upcoming releases, and is the first to launch new native capabilities in the app (as part of an early access partnership).
- Attends Apple’s WWDC conference to prepare the team for new iOS launches.
- BA / BS degree human-centered interaction, UX/UI design, or related field of study; OR equivalent professional work experience.
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of progressive responsibility in product design or user experience design roles with heavy experience in native iOS apps (experience working in eCommerce is a plus)
- Experience mentoring designers
- Experience designing and managing large-scale projects with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to balance great design solutions with an iterative approach (v1, v2, or v3 )
- Experience designing and prototyping complex workflows with Sketch, Invision, Figma or similar products
- Superior relationship-building and communication skills
- Expertise across all facets of human-centered design and user experience, spanning UX strategy, experience/interaction design, user research, prototyping, visual design and user adoption
- Experience translating qualitative and quantitative data into design decisions
- Compelling presentation skills to build and share inspiring visual stories with credibility, clarity, and confidence
- Well versed in facilitation techniques that enable groups to build clarity and alignment
- Expert understanding (including capabilities, patterns and limitations) of current native technologies (iOS)
- A collaborative, empathetic, problem-solver
- A portfolio of work that showcases sites and app that are intuitive, beautifully designed and well thought out.
- Proven ability to lead indirectly and influence without reporting lines
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering executive level presentations
- Ability to drive results independently while thriving in collaborative environments
- Has a deep desire to learn and improve by seeking, accepting, and acting on productive feedback
- Desire and ability to learn quickly and work in an agile environment
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.