Senior Product Designer, Fintech
Do you love coming up with clear and creative solutions to complex design problems?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Product Design team.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. We work with small home service businesses, like your local plumbers, electricians, painters, and landscapers, to transform the way service is delivered through technology. With Jobber they can quote, schedule, invoice, and collect payments from their customers, while providing an easy and professional customer experience. Running a small business today isn’t like it used to be—the way we consume and deliver service is changing rapidly, technology is evolving, and customers expect more. That’s why we put the power and flexibility in their hands to run their businesses how, where, and when they want!
Our culture of transparency, inclusivity, collaboration, and innovation has been recognized by Great Place to Work, Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and more. Jobber has also been named on the Globe and Mail’s Canada’s Top Growing Companies list, and Deloitte Canada’s Technology Fast 50™, Enterprise Fast 15, and Technology Fast 500™ lists. With an Executive team that has over thirty years of industry experience of leading the way, we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011—but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
As an instrumental part of the larger Product Development team, our Product Designers work closely with Product Managers and Engineers to achieve goals for our business and our users. Product Design at Jobber is decentralized, meaning you’ll work in tandem with a set group of Engineers and Product Managers, gaining expertise and becoming a design leader for your peers. This group is central to the success of Jobber—focused on creating software that delivers value to tens of thousands of people around the world!
Our Product Design team turns sketchbook ideas into impactful user experiences. By balancing UI, UX, research, and content design, we shape all parts of the user's experience. In this role, you’ll take (and uncover) user and business problems and turn them into polished interfaces and amazing experiences. You’ll report to a Design Manager focused on challenging you, developing your skills, and helping you grow further in your career!
This role will live within our Fintech group. Fintech is one of the fastest-growing parts of Jobber, and a core strategic priority for us as a company. We’re investing in this growing area because we believe embedding financial tools within our product deepens our ability to help small businesses be successful. Whether it’s helping small businesses get paid using Jobber Payments, offer financing to their customers, or access to capital to invest in growth - we believe small business owners should have seamless access to financial tools that allow them to thrive. Getting paid by their customers is a top priority for our users, with many complex billing workflows to support. The Fintech team is also responsible for owning the vision for how financial services in Jobber will evolve, through potential payroll integrations, corporate cards, advanced reporting, and other tools.As a designer in Fintech you’ll be responsible for helping us solve some of the biggest challenges our customers have, while driving the vision on your team and leading your peer group designers to meet a high level of quality, craftsmanship and product rigor.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will:
- Be part of a product group, striving to deliver creative solutions across our product ecosystem.
- Set a design vision for your team and stakeholders through wireframes, flow diagrams, interface designs, and mockups.
- Strive to understand your users through qualitative and quantitative research methods and influence the people around you with your findings.
- Ensure your team and other teams are delivering a consistent, thoughtful and thorough user experience with all of the work they release.
- Mentor, mold, and provide feedback to other designers at Jobber as they strive for similar outcomes within their product areas.
- Contribute to, and often lead UX strategy within in close partnership with your Product Owner.
To be successful, you should:
- Have established and relevant experience as a designer in a team setting working with web or mobile SaaS products.
- Showcase mastery of the tools needed for your craft (we use Figma, Miro, pencil and paper and a few others) and know which tool to use and when.
- Display an understanding of the difference between a good and bad user experience and influence positive change to the latter.
- Possess expert visual and interaction experience that can be seen in your shared portfolio.
- Have the curiosity to dig into customer pains and come out the other end with beautiful solutions and engaging experiences. You won’t always have success in what you make, so seeing the positive side of failure will drive you forward!
- Have an understanding of the constraints and opportunities of designing for the web and mobile
- Be an expert in collaboration! Design is all about communication; next-level communication skills, including written, verbal, and visual are a must.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named as a Top 5 Great Place to Work in Canada, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player...yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!