Lead Product Designer, Education
$137,800 - $226,300/yr USD
One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member's pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply - we would love to hear from you!
Work From Anywhere
Hinge Health Employees have the flexibility to work anywhere, within the country they are hired.
About The Role
The Design & UX Group is highly multidisciplinary made up of designers from all backgrounds (product, industrial, visual, motion, etc), researchers, content strategists, program managers, and more.
Come join us. https://www.hingehealth.design/
As a senior product designer you will be responsible for owning a large surface area at Hinge Health from road mapping, to strategy, to launching features that will engage, empower, and delight our users. You will create innovative and creative design solutions that make our MSK interventions elegant and persuasive user experiences that change member’s behaviors and lives and help our care team provide great care to our members. You will lead as a strong systems thinker, crafting our user experience, interaction patterns and guidelines to promote a unified design language across all touch points. As well as, bringing practice improvement, thought leadership, creative thinking, and mentorship for less experienced designers. You will have a direct impact in improving the lives of people struggling with muscular skeletal health conditions.
This role is responsible for delivering feature-level work in the education pod independently. They will be defining the feature strategy on how education content is delivered to members, how they consume the content, and how they retrieve for future reference. They will also work to evolve existing content and work closely with the creators to bridge content creation and product.
What You’ll Accomplish
- Lead product experience creative vision; identify and visualize opportunities to up-level our products, experiences to benefit our users and our brand
- Design layouts, UI, interaction patterns, visual design, and system components
- Communicate design vision and interaction with prototypes, presentations, and mocks
- Identify needs and key opportunities for user input; help plan and conduct user research with our user research team with contextual interviews, think-alouds, A/B tests, surveys and analysis
- Lead the development and delivery of solutions that meet intended goals and creating outcomes that positively impact key metrics
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, careteams and other designers to ensure designs drive desired UX, business, and technical outcomes
- Evangelizing design practices and finds opportunities to elevate confidence in our work across the larger company
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years of product/service design experience
- A portfolio demonstrating: shipment of multiple products/large feature sets successfully; strong expertise in interaction design; ability to design with strong information hierarchy, layout, composition, and typography.
- Strong at building visual systems and practices, including layout, iconography, typography and have a curiosity and eye for pushing visual design in interfaces forward
- Self-directed and able to manage multiple complex priorities in a timely manner
- An ability to receive critique gracefully and provide thoughtful critique to others
- Experience in leading product design from opportunity development, to concept, to shipment
- Comfortable presenting work and using design to build alignment, having direct influence and impact on product direction
- Strong prototyping experience at multiple levels of fidelity
- The ability to design and document user flows and design components at a system level
- Familiarity user research practices and ability translate insights into actions
- Bachelor's or master's degree in interaction design, industrial design, product design, service design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent experience
What You'll Love About Us
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget and use the mental health and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, workout classes, gym subscriptions, and work-from-home equipment
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Full-time employees have full flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge
$137,800 - $226,300 a year
The range of base salary for the position is between $137,800 - $226,300 , plus equity, and benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location.
About Hinge Health
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity And Inclusion
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to email@example.com.
*Please do not send resumes via email*
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you.