Junior Product Designer
GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We’re looking for a talented Junior Product Designer to join our Technology and Product Team to work remotely in Brazil or Portugal.
BASE is a Focus Area from the Technology and Product Team that stands for Business Architecture Services. As a BASE Product Designer, you are going to be collaborating for driving the user experience of some of our business platform services that are inherently connected to the Gympass business model and product, current and future iterations.
You will work closely with our product and engineering team, business stakeholders and other product teams to enable our internal platforms that are entirely connected with Gympass business model definitions, as well as working closely to the strategic decisions that defines the clients, partners and user order lifecycle rules, notifications and user experience for millions of active users and clients around the world, as well as to build the foundation for further innovation.
Last but not least, you'll also be closely learning with senior and specialist peers the daily basis of a digital Product Designer job, learning with the most collaborative, inspiring and talented people. Learn and contribute to our UX Chapter, be part of the Yoga Community (our Gympass Design System) and work closely to our talented UX Writing and UX Research team.
- Create and develop new features and changes to our product, achieving an outstanding performance through high aesthetic level;
- Learn to work on prototypes, validating design concepts with stakeholders and customers having in mind when to apply pixel-perfect approach to the UI, and when to make sketches and prototypes to validate quickly;
- Perform research and user experience tests, being aware about the competitive landscape;
- Find opportunities to design and validate solutions based on user behavior and needs;
- Let user needs lead the way, applying the best practices in order to guide us to the best solutions;
WHO YOU ARE
- Clearly aligns with our culture and work dynamics, not only capable of thriving in it, but also helping Gympass to keep bold, young and in constant expansion;
- A person who welcomes feedback from the team and learns with their experience;
- Open to learn and contribute on a daily basis with the continuous and constant flow of changes that defines our business. Be transparent with respect to deadlines.
- Interest in UX/UI design is essential: learn and support visual design following current guidelines (styleguide and brandbook). Be able to produce smaller features. Has a good grounding in typography, color and layout;
- Learn fast processes, design techniques and tools, such as Figma (basic notion is desirable). Interested in testing prototypes and validating ideas with real users. Learn and support the design of user journery and interactions. You'll also learn and support research and discovery activities.
- Good communication skills are a must, you need to be able to articulate ideas when speaking to groups in Portuguese and English (basic). English level: Intermediate reading and writing, and intermediate or basic speaking;
- Must be proactive and hands-on profile. Make questions and search for help from more experient designers whenever they reach a roadblock;
WHAT WE OFFER YOU (Latam)
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our flexible program allows you to customize your benefits, according to your needs! Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health, dental, and life insurance.
FLEXIBLE WORK: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to help cover the costs of working from home.
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access onsite gyms and fitness studios, digital fitness programs, and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
BR: Vacations after 6 months and 3 days off per year + 1 day off for each year of tenure (up to 5 additional days) + extra day off for your birthday.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
BR: 100% paid parental leave of 6 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent, Also extended maternity leave under local legislation
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
FLEXIBLE WORK: We give our employees some flexibility to adjust their working hours, letting them adjust their starting time within a range of 3 hours.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU (EU)
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
Gympass discount: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access onsite gyms and fitness studios, digital fitness programs, and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more.
Flexible work: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure, but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to cover the costs of working from home.
Paid time off: We know how important it is to take time away from work to recharge. Employees receive a minimum of 25 days paid holiday per year with an additional day for each year of tenure (up to 5) in addition to annual holidays (including an extra holiday on your birthday!).
Parental leave: 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks to all new parents (of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent) + 100% paid birth leave of 14 weeks.
Career growth: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
Culture: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
And to get a glimpse of Life at Gympass...follow us on Instagram @gympasscareers and LinkedIn!
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.