Senior Product Designer (f/m/x)
April 12, 2023
In short: Full-time position in Berlin or remote in Europe. Generous stock options in the company are possible. We are building a phone plan you'll love.We are Gigs
- Gigs is for telecommunications what Stripe is for payments. We empower brands to offer their own mobile service for smartphones and wearables:
- Businesses can brand and launch their own phone plans. This allows companies to create smooth customer experiences, attract and monetize new users and unlock new revenue streams.
- Consumers can sign up and activate their SIM card or eSIM in less than 5 minutes, and easily manage their plan online.
- We are backed by Google Gradient Ventures and Y Combinator, as well as the investors behind Facebook, Dropbox, and Airbnb. As part of Gigs, you will have access to the teams, resources, and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and angel investors that can help us navigate our rapid growth.
- Gigs was part of the YC W21 and YC Growth W23 batches and has recently raised a $20MM Series A.
- We love great design. This is a position that doesn't have to fight for "a seat at the table".
- You'll be the second designer and work together with Marton, Lead UI/UX Designer, & Justin, Head of Product. Over time you'll take over more and more parts. You'll bounce off ideas from each other and with the entire team too.
- You'll design across Web app, iOS, Android, website, and the brand.
- Over the next years, we'll build up a product design team around you.
- Potentially you've been a software engineer before and can develop software on a prototype level. We value a deep understanding of nuances in the design-development handover. (E.g. SwiftUI, Framer, JS,..)
We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you.
- You've built designed consumer-facing products. We love to build custom UI and UX. Our idea of great design is questioning as many assumptions as possible. And also answering them.
- You love a good design system. You understand that it enables creativity much rather than limit it.
- You enjoy engaging the team. This means high involvement of all team members in the design process.
- You love learning technologies as you go. You always want to find the right tool for the job and don't only follow what you already know.
- You care about more than design quality. Whatever you do, needs to have a business impact. You can make trade-offs between speed and quality.
- Salary matching your experience and market value.
- Generous stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner of Gigs (tax-free until exercised).
- Visa sponsorship is available and your relocation will be covered.
- Free phone and data plan
- Flexible working hours: We use meetings when needed and not per default.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
- A workplace built for remote-first work: We are building Gigs as a remote-friendly company. Take, own and implement decisions to build Gigs from scratch. You can join us in Berlin, or work from wherever you like. If you are based in Berlin, you can work from our office, or from the comfort of your home.
- Gigs Pads: Our collection of beautiful homes around the world, for when you need a work-cation getaway.
- Gigs Republic: Our semi-annual sunny offsite, a time for us to all come together for great food, lots of laughter, and leisurely activities.