Lead Product Designer
We're Celonis, the global leader in execution management and process mining technology, and one of the 50 most valuable private companies in the world. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us.
Celonis’ product design is part of the Product & Engineering team; We made it our mission to design and deliver consumer grade experiences and empower everybody in companies to make use of process mining and the Celonis Execution Management System. As designers and researchers we are working at the intersection of product design, business, and engineering to deliver usable and valuable solutions to our global customers.
In this role, you are responsible for the creation and execution of a world-class design vision for one of our key user journeys. You will partner closely with the other leads, product managers, designers, and engineers of the aligned products and define the right processes to make sure that we offer a cohesive experience. You will help the teams understand the expressed and unexpressed needs of our customers. You will work side-by-side with other designers to make sure this vision is executed at our highest level.
The work you’ll do
As a Lead Product Designer you are both a problem solver, who supports Product Managers in finding the right solutions to given problems, as well as a skilled and creative interaction designer, who specifies UX and UI requirements, designs and prototypes components and interactions, and works together with engineers to bring them to life.
You will own the user experience of one of our key user journeys. You will work with UX Researchers to understand the needs of business process analysts and design the tools to do detailed root cause analyses and to build automations to solve process issues.
As a Lead Product Designer you will be responsible for the design vision and the execution of the design process. You will guide and mentor other designers, and ensure the process and collaboration is executed smoothly from concept to the shippable user interface designs.
The Qualifications You Need
- University degree in Human-Computer-Interaction (HCI), Information Design, Communication Design, Engineering, Psychology, or similar
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience as a UX/UI Designer working within a software team
- Minimum of 2 years leadership experience
- You have a strong understanding of interaction design, usability engineering and testing, gestalt principles, and are able to communicate to teams, management and stakeholders how those factors will influence the design process and outcomes.
- You are very familiar with usability principles and techniques and you are skilled in using common UX/UI tools for the various stages of design—wireframing and high fidelity designs, prototyping, and testing, as well as specification and documentation.
- You have empathy for the user, a deep understanding of user-centered design and strong analytical abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to raise UX awareness in the team
- Demonstrated improvement of product usability
- Outstanding communication skills & fluent in English
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your abilities
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, pension plan, generous time off, family leave from day one, and more)
- Mental well-being support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, virtual events and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis reveals and fixes inefficiencies businesses can’t see, enabling them to perform at levels they never thought possible. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a full set of platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies, provide better customer experience and reduce carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 23 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.