Product Design Lead
Baselane is the banking and financial management platform for individual landlords and real estate investors. We are backed by leading FinTech investors, including Activant Capital, Collaborative Fund, Conversion Capital, Diagram Ventures, ThomVest, and many FinTech leaders from PayPal, eBay, Google, and more.
We are building the future of financial services for the 12+ million individual landlords and real estate investors that own over 25 million homes in the United States. Our mission is to empower landlords with financial services, automated tools, and actionable insights to help them save time, increase their returns, and grow their investment portfolios.
We are a seasoned team with deep experience in financial services and technology. We have previously worked at companies including The Boston Consulting Group, Morgan Stanley, Plaid, Harry’s, Better, WealthSimple, RBC Ventures, Affirm, and more.
We have hubs in New York City and Toronto. This role is remote anywhere in the US or Canada.
Learn more at baselane.com.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Product Designer motivated by the opportunity to lead product design for a design-driven company. You will tackle complex design challenges to deliver exceptional product experiences for our customers, with support and collaboration from all areas of the business.
You will define the strategic direction for our product design, take ownership of the end-to-end design process in close collaboration with Product and Engineering, you will manage and provide direction to UI designers and design agencies and will help ship the simplest, most intuitive product solutions.
In this role, you will work in a highly collaborative environment while getting autonomy, ownership, and the ability to impact the entire product.
- Lead product design and user experience, owning the design process from planning, prioritization, and research through launch.
- Define design requirements based on information from internal teams and user research.
- Explore solutions, create prototypes, and dive into user feedback/data to identify points of friction and opportunities for improvements in design.
- Manage and direct UI designers and design agencies supporting product design.
- Evolve and execute a strong product design standard and framework.
- Manage and optimize product design processes.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and company leadership to evolve our long-term product vision and design.
- Lead and grow the design team as we continue to expand.
- 5+ years of product design experience at a technology startup
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design, including user research, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing; with a clear focus on UX design & wireframing.
- Experience owning product design from start to finish, working with developers and PMs
- Ability to research, ideate, and define the product design vision.
- Extraordinary visual design skills and rigor, understanding of UX/UI principles
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, able to persuade stakeholders.
- Mastery of Product Design software (Figma).
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Equity - Ownership in what we are building!
- High-quality Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance and Disability Coverage
- Generous time off
- Flexible working hours and location
- Remote working stipend to set up a home office
- One Medical membership (US)
- Regular social events