Sr. Content Designer
Zapier’s mission is to make automation work for everyone, make everyone more productive at work and help teams supercharge their business processes. We’re looking for a Senior Content Designer to join us on this journey.
If you’re interested in advancing your career at a fast-growing, profitable, impact-driven company, then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully, you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
- You’re a skilled content designer with a growth mindset. You have 2-4 years experience working in a UX-focused content function for digital products and systems with a significant user base. You have a strong understanding of the product development and user-centered process and how content design can contribute to it.
- You have exceptional writing, editing and communication skills. You have extensive experience writing and structuring content to meet the needs of a designated audience. You can translate complex concepts and workflows into clear, concise and consistent in-product content.
- You’re an excellent written and visual storyteller who is skilled at working asynchronously. Zapier is 100% remote so concise documentation and compelling storytelling are crucial to communicating content design work, collaborating effectively and creating alignment.
- You leverage research and data. You understand when to use qualitative or quantitative methods and know how to translate research syntheses into actionable plans. You communicate what you learn with your team, work with teammates to iterate on solutions and measure the success of your work.
- You’re self-directed and process driven. We believe in systems and processes that help us scale our impact beyond our individual contributions. You effectively manage your own workload, create plans with cross-functional teammates and escalate project risks.
- You’re solid at time management . You can juggle a variety of projects, and as a part of a distributed team, you’ll be trusted to work with minimal supervision. As part of a growing company, you’ll have an opportunity to make a big impact, and you’re keen to build processes that’ll make your job more efficient over time.
- You have experience with business and/or technical products. You understand general engineering concepts, APIs, bugs/troubleshooting, etc.
- You believe collaboration is critical to success. You collaborate with designers and cross functional partners to achieve the best results and get alignment.
Things you’ll do
- Actively contribute to ongoing content strategy initiatives including content style guides, voice & tone guides and content templates.
- Contribute to the overall evolution of our products’ voice.
- Analyze data to measure success and impact of content projects.
- Champion UX best practices to ensure we’re all making informed design decisions together.
- Work with product squads to craft design solutions that solve user problems and impact business objectives.
- Request feedback from Design team members, and other teammates around Zapier through asynchronous or synchronous communication.
Zapier Compensation Guiding Principles
Here’s How We Define Our Compensation Principles
We believe all Zapiens should be rewarded competitively and equitably, using practices that are simple and transparent. This philosophy ensures we’re able to find, grow, and retain exceptional people from a broad range of backgrounds.
- Competitive: Zapier pays well among the technology sector.
- Equitable: Consistent pay practices; competency-based pay.
- Simple: Pay is well understood, and pay practices are built for scale.
- Transparent: Zapiens know how pay works, including how their pay is determined.
The Pay Ranges For This Role Are
- USA: $152,200 / $190,200 / $228,200 USD
- Canada: $152,200 / $190,200 / $228,200 CAD
A Candidate's compensation package is finalized once the interview process is concluded and accounts for experience, competencies (job knowledge, skills and abilities) and internal equity.
For more information on Zapier’s Total Rewards please click here .
How to Apply
At Zapier, we believe that diverse perspectives and experiences make us better, which is why we have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We are looking for the best fit for each of our roles, regardless of the type of education or companies in your background, so we encourage you to apply even if your skills and experiences don’t exactly match the job description. All we ask is that you answer a few in-depth questions in our application that would typically be asked at the start of an interview process. This helps speed things up by letting us get to know you and your skillset a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application. We know we’ll make mistakes from time to time, so if you ever have questions about where you stand or about the process, just ask your recruiter!
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer and we're excited to work with talented and empathetic people of all identities. Zapier does not discriminate based on someone's identity in any aspect of hiring or employment as required by law and in line with our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity. protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will work to provide reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.