Lead Product Designer
We Are Redefining How People Approach Their Health
ZOE is combining scientific research at a scale never before imagined and cutting-edge AI to improve the health of millions.Created by the world’s top scientists, our personalised nutrition program is radically reimagining a fundamental human need – eating well for your own body. Currently available in the US, and with a waitlist of more than 250,000 in the UK, ZOE is already helping tens of thousands of ZOE members adopt healthier habits and achieve their goals.We are also the team behind the popular COVID Symptom Study, which played a critical role in the fight against COVID in the UK and has now expanded to become the ZOE Health Study (ZHS). ZHS uses the power of community science to conduct large-scale research from the comfort of contributors’ homes to understand health and prevent disease. Our collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, data science, and nutrition science has led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.A remote-first, well-funded startup, we are backed by founders, investors, and entrepreneurs who have built multi-billion dollar technology companies. We are always looking for innovative thinkers and doers to join our team on a thrilling mission to tackle epic health problems that span the globe. Together, we can improve human health and touch millions of lives.We value inclusivity, transparency, ownership, open-mindedness and diversity. We are passionate about delivering great results and learning in the open. We want our teams to have the freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions, and the well-being of our teammates and the people around us is a top priority.About The Role
We’re looking for a hardworking and ambitious Lead Product Designer to lead design for our growth and acquisition domain in the ZOE Personalised Nutrition Product, in an exciting, fast-paced, and rapidly growing environment.Your work will be instrumental in growing our member base, activating our new members and making ZOE accessible to millions of people.What You Will Be Doing
- Product Designers at ZOE work on unique product challenges at the forefront of science, nutrition and behaviour change. Our unique challenge: turn our science into delightful user journeys, programs and recommendations that lead to life-changing experiences.
- Working closely within a small cross functional team with a PM, engineers, growth marketers, and at least two other designers to shape, test and ship experiences on a variety of growth-centred projects that help users discover and connect with the ZOE programme.
- You’ll work on initiatives and features for acquisition, activation and referrals (such as pricing experiments, conversion journeys, free trials and referral programs).
- Designing great experiences for prospects that informs, educates and converts. You’ll sketch solutions, create prototypes, test ideas quickly, run experiments and refine designs with data-driven decisions.
- You’ll design experiments to prototype and validate ideas with real users quickly.
- Working with the rest of the design team to improve our design system and help the team ship high quality work, faster.
- You’ll lead design for the growth domain across all growth initiatives offering design direction to other designers in the wider growth domain.
- You’ll be mentoring (mid level) designers to help them grow their impact within ZOE and your domain.
- Actively participate in the wider design team culture driving inita
- You’ll participate in hiring, onboarding and leading performance reviews for designers within your domain.
- You can read more about the design culture, our hiring process and what to expect at ZOE as a designer here .
- You are passionate about health, wellness, and/or nutrition.
- An end-to-end designer (UX and UI) and you can work across the lifecycle of a product feature. You are able to and love designing great products from idea to customer impact.
- You obsess about design quality and delivering impact to customers. You’ve got a proven track record of shipping high quality work that customers love, and are able to prove it with a recent portfolio and/or case studies. Candidates without a portfolio or ability to show their work are unlikely to be considered.
- You have at least 6 years of overall professional design experience. And you’ve been a senior or lead product designer of a product for at least 1-2 years, working in house, in cross functional teams (with engineers and PMs) to ship products with impact.
- Experience doing product design in the growth side of a tech business (user acquisition, activation, conversion) would be a huge bonus. And experience working on web.
- You enjoy working in a fast paced environment. You are able to move super fast to the right solution as an individual (with clear problem & success understanding before designing, time boxing mindset, quick iteration) and able to identify what's slowing down another designer or peer.
- You make design decisions that are backed by evidence and are big on data (quantitative and qualitative). You are able to validate problems and solutions quickly and you know how to gain confidence that your designs will have the intended impact (before building).
- You can confidently articulate design decisions and root them to user needs and convince others of your reasoning.
- You are proactive and autonomous but you know when to ask for help.
- You have a strong growth mindset and are never slowed down by ego. You relish in challenges and are passionate about mastering your craft. You believe in radical candour and are comfortable giving and receiving feedback to and from your peers.
- You are a natural and empathetic leader. Other designers often seek your mentorship. You can inspire your peers with your growth mindset, your design direction, ambition and your ability to help others improve, move faster and raise quality.
- You have experience onboarding other new designers. And you are able to spot star candidates when participating in the hiring process.
- You are an expert user of Figma. But you have experience with a wide range of design, research and prototyping tools.
- You’ve got experience working within and contributing to a product’s design system.
What you can expect from us Aside from ensuring the industry-benchmark compensation package and providing you with all the hardware and software you need, we have worked hard for our list of benefits to be focused on things that matter to our team members most.Remote-first - work from home, pop into our London/Boston offices, or work within the EU; you have flexibility to choose your own place of work and work flexiblyStock options - we want everyone to be rewarded for contribution to our growthPaid time-off - on top of any national / bank holidays, you get 28 days off (25 plus 1 life-event and 2 company-wide reset days)Enhanced parental leave - adding on to the statutory offering, we know how important it is to be supportive at times that matterPrivate healthcare and life assurance - flexible options to choose what fitsHealth and wellbeing - Employee Assistance Program, Cycle to Work and morePension - paying monthly and offering flexibility to top your pension upAllocated social, WFH and Growth (L&D) budgets Plenty of learning and social opportunities
We continue to build a benefits package that invests in our team members’ long-term personal and professional growth and wellbeing, adding to this list as it evolves.Equal opportunities
We believe that having a truly diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success and we are committed to improving the tech industry for the better. We are passionate about equal opportunities and encourage candidates from any underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. When applying, please let us know of any accessibility requirements you may have for your interviews and we will do our best to accommodate. While this position is advertised as full-time, we can be flexible on the specific arrangements and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements, if required.