Senior Growth Product Designer
At Vivian Health, we’re transforming hiring and recruiting in healthcare. We’re a high impact and positive impact business working to efficiently and cost effectively match the right talent to the right jobs in the healthcare sector, and as a result, help reduce healthcare costs and improve patient care.
We started by bringing transparency and increased access to the opaque and offline temporary healthcare staffing industry, and we are now building the largest marketplace in the healthcare labor market that enables all healthcare professionals to find their perfect job opportunity, faster and easier than ever before.
Vivian Health's mission is to empower every healthcare professional to find their perfect job opportunity. Through the Vivian Health platform, we enable staffing agencies and healthcare employers to more easily find relevant talent, communicate more efficiently, and make better hiring decisions, ultimately enabling them to serve patients more safely and effectively.
This is an opportunity to reimagine and redesign the way healthcare professionals discover and explore their future career options while also reimagining how employers connect with those healthcare professionals.
As a Product Designer, you’ll be a core and early founding member of the Design Team. Along with partners on the Product Management team, you’ll be responsible for assessing user needs through qualitative and quantitative research, defining requirements, creating wireframes, mockups, and prototypes and iterating on them to solve the pain points that you’ve identified in the job-hunting process for healthcare professionals.
Vivian is small and rapidly growing. Our Design team is tasked with not only ensuring an incredible user experience for both healthcare providers and staffing recruiters alike, but also with imagining and visualizing just how the future of healthcare staffing should be. We work very closely with the Product and Engineering teams to iteratively improve our current offering while also placing some big bets on what the future of our industry could hold.
THE SKILL SET:
- Design thinking. You can’t help it; you see flaws in products and experiences out there and have strong opinions on how they can be fixed or improved.
- Relentlessly customer obsessed. You can easily empathize with both healthcare professionals advancing their careers while also deeply understanding the role employers and recruiters play in the ecosystem.
- Always asking why. Requests for new features come from all sorts of places, you have a habit of always understanding the “why” and what really needs to be achieved.
- Master of the tools. A strong mastery of digital design tools. We’re partial to Figma, but also realize that sometimes the right tool for the job is the one you’re most comfortable with.
- Bonus: Visual design experience, experience building or contributing to design systems, illustration experience or any of the adjacent design disciplines
- You should have at least five years of experience designing digital products.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL...
- have audited the Vivian experience as a candidate, a recruiter, and an employer admin
- be up to speed with our Figma file organization (or lack thereof) and have helped make things clearer for future designers that join the team
- gain familiarity with all that Vivian does and one day aims to do
- get to know the teams in San Francisco, Denver, Medellin, New York, and beyond...
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL...
- have worked with a PM, Engineering, and any additional stakeholders to design a new feature or two
- have contributed to the design system
- have worked with our UX Engineering team to understand how design system updates are translated into components
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL...
- be an expert on all things Vivian. You’ve now formed close ties with the clinicians on our team, who you regularly check in with to vet and brainstorm ideas
- possibly have added or updated features for all parts of the marketplace - healthcare professionals, recruiters, and employer admins from both agencies and healthcare systems
THE SALARY, BENEFITS & PERKS:
The range for this position is $150,000 - $175,000 yearly salary, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, education, and skills. This range is based on a full-time schedule.
At Vivian Health, we offer a competitive compensation package, with benefits including:
- Flexible Time Off
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans including HSA and FSA Options
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with Generous Employer Match
- Generous Parental Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan
- Work from home stipend
- Access to Corporate Discount Program
- Pet Insurance
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and anyone with disabilities to apply. Vivian Health is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.