Visual Product Designer 2
Our team is a thriving component of Microsoft that is responsible for designing and building industry-leading collaboration tools for work, school and home. We work across several products to make an even more delightful and useful experience for hundreds of millions of monthly active users. To that end, we are evolving the personality of products including Teams, Skype, GroupMe, OneDrive, SharePoint and Viva. We’re also learning from those who aren’t yet customers how to evolve our products to help everyone across the globe achieve more together.Our culture is inclusive, casual and high energy. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds, skillsets and creative disciplines grounded in customer needs. This is a fantastic opportunity to build an experience that hundreds of millions of people worldwide will use to connect and collaborate. We are experiencing rapid growth in our customer base, so our team needs to grow!We’re looking for a talented product designer with a strong visual design background to join our team in Vancouver. Our multidisciplinary team works horizontally across all feature groups to maintain a high bar for innovation—collaborating to build our current design system and envisioning where we will go next. We value creativity, sharing ideas openly, and having fun while we work. Most of all, we’re motivated by the desire to create product experiences people and teams love. You will work on experiences that span across new and existing features. Your teammates will depend on you for world class visual design and you will also provide feedback and contribute interaction thinking. So, you need to be great at shifting back and forth from the big picture to minute details. You will be responsible for contributing to the present and future design system, and work on evolving our products’ visual identity. You will need to be able to communicate your ideas using a wide variety of methods—from providing sketches, fully rendered designs and prototypes, and documentation for developers.Help us take Microsoft Teams to the next level of visual refinement and delight.Responsibilities
We are looking for a product designer with robust visual design skills and strong aesthetics.
- Create designs for desktop (Windows and MacOS), web, and mobile (iOS, Android).
- Collaborate with other designers to create clear, beautiful, and delightful experiences that blend brand personality, visual, interaction, motion, and sound design.
- Collaborate with developers and product management to specify and implement pixel-perfect UI designs.
- Create innovative, performant and compelling graphic/UI elements balancing strong aesthetics with clear functionality.
- Use, create and manage comprehensive design systems, and guidelines.
- Develop greater empathy to communicate clearly and delightfully with a diverse global audience.
- Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and customer goals.
- Seek out and advocate best practices across the studio for creating premium high-quality visuals and user experience designs for consumer grade products.
- 5+ years of experience in design with an emphasis on graphic design, product design, user interface, and/or motion graphics.
- BA/BS in Graphic Design, Illustration, UI/UX, Digital Media (Design & Production), or related field/discipline
- Experience with creative tools like Figma, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop or Sketch.
- Expertise creating design systems, product guidelines, brand guidelines, mood boards and motion studies.
- Meticulous sense of detail and ability to seek out simple solutions to complex design challenges.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of typography, color, contrast, and information hierarchy, from broad concepts to minute details.
- Familiarity with 3D design, illustration and/or motion design a plus.
- Capable of influencing collaboration with an eye for detail, and a strong sense for aesthetic, wit, and delight.
- Consistently shares work-in-progress with the rest of the team—exemplifying full transparency.
- Lead design sprints to advocate for design innovation and product delight.
- Always ready to contribute to the success of your team.
- Ability to work within constraints, and adaptability to changing circumstances.
- Works efficiently and consistently meets deadlines.
- Turns great ideas into real experiences.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.