Senior Product Designer - Design System
A tech scale-up with big plans!
Founded in 2017, Lokalise has hired 250+ people across 47 countries (and counting!), raised $50m of series B funding, and brought on-board customers such as Revolut, Miro, Starbucks, and Mastercard to name but a few.Not bad, eh?What We Do
Businesses like Hyundai use our localisation platform to bring developers, designers and translators together in one virtual workspace. They use our platform to translate and localise content so it can be delivered across the web, apps, documents and even games to customers in their native languages.Simply put: companies that localize can connect with over 8 billion people on the planet.As a Senior Product Designer (design system) at Lokalise, you will ensure that our product and features are usable by and accessible to our customers, and are of the highest level of craft and execution. You will need to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, design thinking, and visual design skills.The Product Design Team At Lokalise
- Our designers are strategic partners, from planning and product innovation, to launch.
- Each of us has a broad set of product design skills ranging from design thinking to interaction design, prototyping, user research, and design thinking to visual communication.
- We work in close collaboration with product managers, engineers, and content strategists to build the best localization experience for our clients.
- We’re equipped with the best design tools in the business, including Figma, Framer, Webflow, and Miro.
As a Senior Product Designer, You Will
- Work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, product designers, product managers, and engineers, with a focus on our design system.
- Create a unified, cohesive set of UX and visual guidelines and components, including documentation describing standards and best practices as a reference for designers and developers.
- Conduct end-to-end audits of our user interface, visuals, and design system.
- Drive the vision, strategy, and execution of our evolving design system – and provide clear governance and ownership of it.
- Implement and maintain necessary processes for scaling, maintaining, and managing our design system.
- Have an in-depth understanding of our existing product set and the key markets we operate in, with an ability to identify and explore the most impactful opportunities for efficiency and improvement.
- Understand and analyze qualitative and quantitative data and other insights that are important to your product area and objectives.
- Advocate for product design by sharing work openly and being able to precisely articulate design rationale and goals.
You Must Have
- 2+ years of experience working on design systems
- 5+ years of experience in UX and/or UI design
- Experience designing for multiple platforms
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Framer, and Storybook
- Comfortable with changing demands and priorities
- A positive, self-starter with a resilient attitude and a sense of ownership
- A great communicator who can convey ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Someone who has fun working and is fun to work with!
It will be considered a significant advantage if you have:
- Experience with accessibility standards
- Experience participating in the complete product development lifecycle of a SaaS product
- Experience connecting your work with other cross-functional team initiatives within the company to drive collaboration
- Competitive salary and employee stock options plan
- Learning & Development program
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Health insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Comprehensive parental leave
- Coworking budget
- Top-notch tech equipment to work with
- Great startup atmosphere, team spirit, and team events
Support one another. Thrive together.
We believe that to create a work environment where all people can truly thrive, we must create a safe space in which to challenge and learn.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion and equal opportunities. Therefore, we welcome applications from people of all gender identities, sexual orientations, personal expressions, relationship, marital, or civil partnership statuses, racial identities, national or ethnic origins, religious beliefs, ages, and disability statuses.
We want to make sure you have the most positive experience possible as an applicant, and make our recruitment process inclusive, so please let us know in advance if we should make any adjustments to accommodate you.