Senior Staff UX Designer
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:Remote locations: British Columbia, CA; Canada.Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in product design or UX.
- Experience designing across multiple platforms, working with technical/design teams to create user flows and wireframes, and building user interface mockups and prototypes.
- Experience delivering end-to-end solutions for enterprise or cloud platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to represent complex business or technical concepts externally.
- Product sensibility, with capability to drive key product innovations.
- Cross-functional relationship-building skills.
About The Job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s Interaction Designers take complex tasks and make them intuitive and easy-to-use for billions of people around the globe. Throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes—you’ll envision how people will experience our products, and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical.Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google’s businesses.As an Interaction Designer, you’ll rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution. Like all of our UX jobs, you’ll collaborate with your design partners to leverage and evolve the Google design language to build beautiful, innovative, inspired products that people love to use.The Cloud Application Ecosystem Accelerate UX team works on Google Cloud Platform's (GCP) strategic mission to be the best destination for modern workloads. Our mission is to deliver the most reliable, integrated and secure container platform for all workloads, enabling customers to leverage cloud technologies and innovate faster.Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.Responsibilities
- Work with a cross-functional team to strategize and build compelling user-centric visions, that are also impactful for our GCP business.
- Pitch concepts, action-plans, and updates to executive stakeholders and translate complex concepts and interactions into simple, elegant, and coherent design.
- Lead by example by translating complex concepts and interactions into coherent design, and taking specific user journeys from concepts through implementation.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .