Flo Health Inc.
We’re quite proud of our achievements…
250M+ downloads, 48M+ monthly users, #1 by installs in the iOS Health category, 4.9 stars on the App Store (3M+ reviews), backed by 7 VCs, annual revenue at 9 figures, and a valuation close to $1B.
…and we’re just getting started.
We’re Flo Health, a rapidly growing, Series B funded HealthTech building the essential digital health partner of tomorrow to empower women, girls, and people who menstruate with the knowledge and support they need to stay well and live better.
And there's never been a more exciting time to join us.
Our cycle, ovulation and pregnancy tracking, educational content and anonymised community platform have been trusted for years by millions to help them feel more in control of their health every day.
Now though, we’re harnessing the power of data analytics and AI to build a smarter future, one where we all know our bodies better - we’re set to become the world’s favourite female health brand.
Big plans, right?
They absolutely are - that’s why we’re hiring.
This is a truly exciting time to join Flo. We’re just beginning our journey to become a world-class design team, and there’s lots to get stuck into! With new design leadership in place, we’re building the foundations for our future, including:
- evolving our design system to accommodate new branding and accessibility guidance
- establishing better ways of working within our product teams
- creating quality and consistency benchmarks to align our experiences
We’re looking for people keen to take on the challenge of building the future in the context of a hyper-growth start-up.
The Design team focuses on one (admittedly huge) thing, and they do it very well…
Making sure our users have the best experience on our app!
They are data informed researchers, innovators, content and design experts, casting a laser focussed eye over the execution and validation of our platform and its features.
With new Design leadership in place, it’s a truly exciting time to join the team. We’re building the foundations of a world-class function and anyone who joins will be building the future in the context of a hyper-growth start-up.
Who You Are
You’re a solid practitioner with good knowledge of both UX and UI design, and use both to create exceptional human-centred experiences. You’re comfortable using data to inform your decisions, and don’t mind learning through experimentation, but you’re equally comfortable challenging decisions which are detrimental to our users’ experience.
As a proactive team member, you love collaborating with the other disciplines to explore different solutions to problems, and you work well with product managers and stakeholders.
- Competence in Figma and common design tools
- Good product thinking and a human-centred design approach
- Ability to create interactive prototypes, showing knowledge of composition, colour and interaction design principles
- Confident communication skills, providing clear rationale for your decisions
- You’ll have a few years experience in product design – preferably in a fast-paced, commercial environment – with a strong portfolio that demonstrates results
Nice to have:
- If you’ve worked on mobile products or in healthcare, that’s also great, but not essential.
What You'll Be Doing
You'll be responsible for:
At Flo, each day is different, but you can expect to:
- Help the product manager define their product vision, initiatives and roadmap
- Design and visualise concepts – co-designing with UX writers
- Evolve concepts to the relevant level of fidelity, from prototypes to final mock-ups
- Carry out discovery activities, run ideation sessions and initiate the necessary team activities to develop future product visions
- Engage in research sessions and act on insights to further develop our products
- Carry out heuristic analysis and optimise current designs through hypothesis-based AB testing
- Present work in design review sessions or demos
People perform better when they’re happy, paid well, looked after and supported.
That’s just a fact.
On top of competitive salaries, for employees at Flo we offer:
- A fully flexible working environment wherever you’re at your best: at home, in our offices, or a mix-and-match of both
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP)
- Career growth, progression, and learning development resources
- Workations - an opportunity to work abroad for two months’ a year
- Six months fully-paid maternity leave with return to work bonus (including same-sex and adoptive parents)
- One month fully-paid paternity leave
- Annual salary reviews
- As many free premium Flo subscriptions as you’d like
- A whole host of other benefits (health/pension/social schemes - dependent on location)
It’s pretty hard to condense a culture down to a few words, but we do all have a few things in common.
We’re problem solvers, we’re adaptable, we’re empathy driven and results led.
People here like working in a fast-paced, multi-national, multi-cultural and ever changing environment. Everyone has an impact on a powerful mission, and is happy to roll their sleeves up to ideate solutions and put them in place. Being part of a rapidly growing business means that the answers aren’t always there for us already, but that’s okay; it’s part of the excitement!
If this resonates, we might be the right place for you.
We know that building the future of female health isn’t going to be easy,
but we’re hoping you’re up for the challenge.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.