Senior Product Designer
Hello, we're Farewill and we're out to change the way the world deals with death.
All of us are going to die. It’s a fundamental, tragic, romantic part of what it is to be human - but the industry that sits on top of it isn’t designed to help us make the most of it. We challenge this status quo by building great product experiences that make dealing with death simpler, more personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone.
We believe that by equipping people to navigate some of life’s hardest moments, we bring families together, help individuals face up to the fact that they’re going to die, and make life, while it lasts, more meaningful.
We're the UK's biggest (& favourite) will writer, top rated probate provider, and one of the leading funeral companies in the country. Backed by top investors, in the last 24 months we've:
- Averaged a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 82
- Hit 10,000 Trustpilot reviews at 4.9/5
- Closed our £20m Series B
- Won Consumer Business of the Year, Economic Innovator of the Year, Employer of the Year, and more!
- Ranked #3 in the UK's 100 Most Innovative & Disruptive Businesses
If you fancy reading more about our team and culture, have a browse here!
This is an opportunity to tackle interesting and challenging briefs in an industry that has seen little innovation. And in doing so, help people through some of the most difficult times in their lives. As a Senior Product Designer, and reporting to the Creative Director, you will:
- Work collaboratively with a small team of highly talented creatives; including an expert in content design, brand design, and user research
- Work within product teams, championing our users and making evidence-based decisions, from insight and strategy through to creation and delivery
- Lead the design of simple, inclusive, empathetic products and services our customers can trust
- Communicate and collaborate clearly and effectively with stakeholders across the organisation
- Advocate for inclusive design and accessibility, to create the best possible user experience
- Contribute to product decisions, balancing the business requirements with the needs of our customers
- Continue to develop our house style and approach to product design, from the big picture down to the smallest UI details
- Focus predominantly on the design of our consumer facing touch points, and be comfortable improving the design of the internal tools used by our operations and sales teams
For this role we'd like to see a portfolio showing evidence of:
- Design leadership, resulting in simple and effective products across multiple platforms and devices
- Attention to detail and care for the craft of design
- An analytical approach with a human, user-focussed outcomes
- Collaborative ways of working with content, research, product and engineering
- Strong communication, documentation and facilitation skills
- Assessing and establishing design patterns
Nice to haves:
- Previous work with vulnerable customers
- Experience working in scale up environment
In return we offer:
- £70k - £85k salary plus generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- This is a hybrid role, mixing working from home with working from our offices in Haggerston, London. Flexible working means you can choose when you start and end your day, and which days you come into the office
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year
- Regular ‘passion talks’ and a range of team socials
- Santander cycles membership
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
Making your application as smooth as possible:
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Ability and attitude is just as important as experience!
At Farewill, our mission is to change the way the world deals with death - to make it simple, personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone. To do that, we want to build a workplace that’s great for everyone, that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us is treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
We believe flexibility is important, so we’re happy to chat to you about flexible/remote working options. And, If you need any flexibility or adjustments in our interview process - to help set you up for success - then please let us know too.