Content Design Intern
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 700 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our mission is to engage and hire the emerging talent that will shape the future of Dropbox. Learn about our internships here!
Content Designers at Dropbox help build intuitive, delightful products for hundreds of millions of people. Our team of Content Designers are relied on not only for simple, helpful, and human language, but also as essential partners in the design process. We embed within product teams, working closely with designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers, and give input on design that goes far beyond language.
We’re looking for people who want to learn about in-product content design through hands-on experience. You'll join our design team and write for tools that help people do amazing work. We’ve got a lot of projects across web, desktop, and mobile lined up.
- Embed directly in one of our teams, working closely with designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, and other content designers
- Write the words that appear inside our products, like buttons and other UI
- Craft messaging for end-to-end experiences, like sign-up flows
- Develop a content strategy to support your word choices
- Give and get feedback from other teams
- Present your work to others, including content designers and cross-functional partners
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree (graduating in/after Dec 2023) in Content Strategy, Content Design, Information Science, Journalism, English, Communications, Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Technical Writing, or other relevant field; or have equivalent work experience with User Experience, Product, or Design teams
- Curiosity about pursuing a career in Content Design
- Clear presentation and communication style
- Demonstrated skills for collaborating closely with others
- Passionate about punctuation and partial to puns (affection for alliteration is optional)
- Bonus: coursework (university-affiliated or otherwise) in user experience or content strategy
- Bonus: familiarity with design tools like Figma
- Submit two writing samples with your application, each under 500 words. One of your samples should be a personal statement. (Bonus if the second sample demonstrates an understanding of writing for the web.)
- We’ll ask qualified candidates to submit a take-home exercise
Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary work experience.
For candidates hired in Colorado, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) rate for the role is $6,500/monthly, subject to change.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include:
Additional benefits details are available upon request.
Dropbox is in the process of updating our technology to provide pay ranges in New York City based on the recent amendments to the New York City Human Rights Law (NYCHRL). If you are based in NYC and have any questions about the pay range for this role, please contact paytransparency@ and provide your name and the job title to which you are interested in applying.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).